Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
meska  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2004 8:57:00 PM(UTC)
meska

Groups: Member

Is tracking possible in deeptree 2.0 ? I've made some changes to the script, and added an data loading from db with php, but can't think of how to get tracking working. I mean if user navigates throught pages, and doesn't click on tree, how to keep tree synced to pages. One way it is to do toc sync everytime page loads, but that is kind of stupid, because tree would redraw itself everytime.

Any clues/ideas/hints ?
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:10:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Deep Tree 2.0 doesn't support tracking, but we can do it following way. First of all we need to handle onload event of frame, where the content is loaded, in order to know that user navigates to other page. The we need to get new url of content frame and check whether node linking to this url is already loaded to tree. If yes then expand and select this tree node. If node with such url isn't loaded then we should make resync.

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
meska  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 20, 2004 9:47:00 PM(UTC)
meska

Groups: Member

ghm ok lets say user goes deeper into the tree from the begining, using links in the web page, so the tree won't be loaded, so most of the time we will need resync, if i got your idea right. One thing todo ( maybe ) is that each time to load not just current tree, but one level deeper and then try to expand if user navigates there.