Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shirai  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2004 9:09:00 AM(UTC)
shirai

Groups: Administration

I just submitted a bug on not being able to close the window while images are still loading. I found a workaround in JavaScript. I think you'll want to fix the original bug but I thought I'd post the JavaScript fix for anyone interested.

Basically, I added a button in HTML to close the window and called the cancel() function below:

Code:
function cancel() {
    document.getElementById('ImageUploader').Stop();
    setTimeout("window.close()",100);
}

It's possible that something like this might be callable from the window.onunload event. I have to go somewhere now so I haven't tested it but I'll report back when I do.

Sunny

Edited by user Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:20:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2004 2:08:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I do not think that it will work, because OnUnload event is fired when window is going to be closed, but entire browser window is disabled, that's why mouse click on Close button is not comes into this window, and thus unload event is not fired.

I would like to emphasis that when progress dialog is displayed, the parent window cannot be closed by design (because of modality of this dialog), it is not a bug. But everything should work in silent mode (View post).
shirai  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 26, 2004 6:03:00 PM(UTC)
shirai

Groups: Administration

Hi again Andrew,

I replied in the other thread that the bug is actually that I can't close a window during the thumbnail generation. The bug wasn't refering that you can't close a window during file upload.

I just wanted to add that I couldn't get my fix to work during the onunload() event. It appears that it fires AFTER the attempt is made to close the window and therefore I can't stop the thumbnail generation process.

At any rate, the button to close the window does actually work as specified in earlier code.

By the way, great work on this component. I can't wait until 2.x with all of the new documented features. :)

Sunny

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2004 9:47:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Version 2.0 is available at last, so feel free to download the trial :)