Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Malcolm  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 6:51:00 PM(UTC)
Malcolm

Groups: Member

Hi
I keep getting the following error when running the ASP.net version of the Image Uploader locally. "Image Uploader Undefined error". It looks like a javascript error.

Any ideas as to why it might do this?

Cheers
Malcolm
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 7:02:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Please describe the problem more detailed:

1. When the error message appears (before page is loaded, when page with Image Uploader is loaded and you select files, when you upload, when upload is complete or sometime else)?

2. Is Image Uploader loaded (file tree with files appears or just red cross displayed instead of the control)?

3. What browser and OS do you have on client-side?

4. If you made any changes in the code sample, please submit case with your files.

5. You mentioned that you have problems on local computer. Does it mean that on other machine it works?

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 4:23:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Malcolm  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 7:39:00 PM(UTC)
Malcolm

Please describe the problem more detailed:

1. When the error message appears (before page is loaded, when page with Image Uploader is loaded and you select files, when you upload, when upload is complete or sometime else)?

The activeX cetificate appears and I click YES, the page finishes loading but the uploader control does not appear. I get the browser error 'ImageUploader undefined Line: 224'

2. Is Image Uploader loaded (file tree with files appears or just red cross displayed instead of the control)?

It never appears

3. What browser and OS do you have on client-side?

IE 6 and Win2k Pro

4. If you made any changes in the code sample, please submit case with your files.

No changes, copied directly from the samples folder.

5. You mentioned that you have problems on local computer. Does it mean that on other machine it works?

We tested it on another computer on the network through IIS and it worked fine, same OS and browser.

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 4:23:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 7:51:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

It is likely ActiveX controls are disabled in your browser by security settings. As Image Uploader did not loaded (blocked by browser), javascript cannot find it.

Check security settings of your browser: Tools -> Internet Options -> Security tab -> Custom level. "Download signed ActiveX controls" option must be set either to Enable or to Prompt. This is necessary to make IE download Image Uploader and display prompt whether you want to install the ActiveX. Check the options "Run ActiveX controls and plugins". It is likely it is disabled.

Besides, if you have a firewall software, it can block ActiveX controls too (if configured for this)... But in this case CAB file should not be downloaded at all, so I guess it is not your case.
Malcolm  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 8:11:00 PM(UTC)
Malcolm

The firewall settings are set for the entire network and it works on one computer so it cannot be this.

Also I have enabled Active X Signed and Unsigned Security and it still produces the same error.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Malcolm
Andrew  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2003 11:34:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Well... It is possible Image Uploader fails to register. Try to extract ImageUploader.ocx file and register it manually (by regsvr32 ImageUploader.ocx command from command prompt). Please let me know whether it display any error message.

P.S. You should better to disable Unsigned ActiveX components (or at least set it to Prompt). As usual unsigned components contains malicious code which can be rather dangerous...