Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
G4XTR  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 8:19:37 AM(UTC)
G4XTR

Groups: Member

Dear Aurigma Team,

when I upload using your ActiveX/Java Resize photo upload demo, it causes my Java Applet to crash. This happens when clicking on "Add Files" or "Add Folder" multiple times. The file dialog sometimes appears, but usually results in the applet becoming unresponsive. This has also been replicated on another Mac System.

System/Java Version:

Quote:
Version 7 Update 51 on Mavericks.

Java Console Output before the crash occurs: (Safari & Firefox)
Quote:
Aurigma Upload Suite: version: 8.0.60.0
Aurigma Upload Suite: build date: 2014/01/10
Aurigma Upload Suite: current document URL: http://demo.aurigma.com/...oUploadDemo/Default.aspx
Aurigma Upload Suite: warning: EnableResumeUploadCallback = t

The other demos seem to work fine. Just the "Add Files..." and "Add Folders..." buttons on the Resize demo do not work.

How can we use this demo application type without crashing to occur?

Thanks,
Joris

Edited by user Friday, January 17, 2014 8:36:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 12:01:29 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Joris,

I managed to reproduce the problem. I have submitted it to our issue tracker, when I hear back from our developers regarding this problem, I will let you know.

Meanwhile, you can try the following things. Not sure if it is a reason of the problem, but it is worthy ideas to try.

1. Try is to lock the Add Files/Add Folder button after it is clicked and unlock in few seconds (it would be better to do it when the Open File/Folder dialog is closed, but it is not so easy to determine).

2. Try to turn off the instant upload mode.

Feel free to post here if any of these ideas help.
G4XTR  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:52:07 AM(UTC)
G4XTR

Groups: Member

Hi Andrew,

I haven't been able to try suggestion 1. I have however tried 2; setting Instant upload to false ( $uploader->getUploadSettings()->setEnableInstantUpload(FALSE);) which had no effect on the issue.

I did notice something interesting however, when selecting "Add Files" or "Add folder" via the context menu / right click, the file dialog appeared every time. This may indicate the problem could be isolated within the buttons themselves.

Joris
Andrew  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:05:29 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I got an input from our developer. It turns out there is a known problem with Java on Mac - sometimes, dialogs appear behind of the applet and never receive a focus. That's why you have an effect of the applet being "frozen".

We have reported the problem to Oracle but I don't have any idea what is a status of this issue.

The workaround is to add openFileDialog: "MacOSNative" among params. It displays the open file dialog using some alternative way, but it has its own drawback - it does not support multiple file selection.

Hope this helps.