Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 16, 2007 11:01:26 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
One of customers contacted me and told me that RedirectUrl property does not work properly in Java version. I took a look and found out that everything is looking ok. And it was pretty weird - nothing appear in Java console, just no redirect occurs.

I examined the code closer and found out that it looks as follows:

Code:

if (iu.getControlType() == "ActiveX"){

//... skipped for brevity

function ImageUploader1_BeforeUpload() {
	}

function ImageUploader1_Progress(Status, Progress, ValueMax, Value, StatusText) {
	}
}

iu.addEventListener("BeforeUpload", "ImageUploader1_BeforeUpload");
iu.addEventListener("Progress", "ImageUploader1_Progress");

As you see if you run this code under Firefox, getControlType will return "Java" and no event listeners will be defined.

I got a suspicion that if you run such code, Live Connect (mechanism which is used in Java applets to access DOM and JavaScript) will crash with some exception, and probably it will not work anymore. In particular it would mean that Image Uploader will not be able to redirect. Also, I guess no event handlers and maybe even no JavaScript methods will work.

I checked this suggestion on clean Basic Demo - just called addEventListener with invalid function name. And it proved my suspicion.

I hope guys will fix it in nearest updates. Meanwhile everyone who experience strange issues with RedirectUrl property or some JavaScript operations with Image Uploader in Java version, I suggest to make sure that all event listeners are specified properly.

Edited by user Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:34:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified