Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MartinChung  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 12:04:16 PM(UTC)
MartinChung

Groups: Member

Have you any suggestions on making the uploader work on Windows 8 RT (e.g. on a Surface RT device)? This is IE 10 of course.

Naturally, there is no Flash support, but it does not seem to be using the HTML 5 uploader. Is there a way to programmatically force the use of the HTML 5 uploader even if Flash is loaded? I'm thinking we could detect a Win8RT device and attempt to only use HTML 5.

Other thoughts welcomed of course!

Thanks,

Martin
vitaly  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 11:22:03 PM(UTC)
vitaly

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Martin,

That's strange. It should detect the browser and display HTML5 uploader automatically. I just tested the demo on Windows 8 IE 10 Metro (not RT). It works fine for me.

Unfortunately I do not have the Windows 8 RT based device in the office at this moment. Could you please try to reproduce the problem with our demo and let me know whether it still tries to open Flash uploader:

http://demo.aurigma.com/...h/BasicDemo/Default.aspx

Anyway, you can force Upload Suite to display HTML5 uploader by setting ImageUploaderFlash.Type property to "html", like this:

Code:

var u = $au.imageUploaderFlash({
    id: 'Uploader1',
    type: 'html'
});
u.writeHtml();

Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Aurigma Technical Support

Edited by user Friday, January 25, 2013 11:23:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
StewartR3  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:17:52 AM(UTC)
StewartR3

MartinChung wrote:
Have you any suggestions on making the uploader work on Windows 8 RT (e.g. on a Surface RT device)? This is IE 10 of course.

Naturally, there is no Flash support, but it does not seem to be using the HTML 5 uploader. Is there a way to programmatically force the use of the HTML 5 uploader even if Flash is loaded? I'm thinking we could detect a Win8RT device and attempt to only use HTML 5.

Other thoughts welcomed of course!

Thanks,

Martin

Getting similar problem. When I force it to use html5, it tells me "Thumbnail converter is not supported in your browser". What happened? Used to work perfectly. Think
StewartR3  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:18:59 AM(UTC)
StewartR3

BTW, the issue with always loading flash version is happening on windows and mac, all browsers, including the latest Chrome on Win7.
vitaly  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:14:54 PM(UTC)
vitaly

Hello StewartR3,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately HTML5 Uploader does not support thumbnail converters.

Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
StewartR3  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:25:04 PM(UTC)
StewartR3

I don't understand how it always worked before then... with the exact same code. :| Is it a browser security update that has broken it?
StewartR3  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:25:47 PM(UTC)
StewartR3

Also, this doesn't answer the question why HTML5 version isn't loading by default.
vitaly  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2013 2:16:42 AM(UTC)
vitaly

Hello StewartR3,

Please create a new support case here: http://www.aurigma.com/MyAurigma/CreateCase.aspx. And please share us your direct link with Upload Suite so that I can reproduce the problem.

Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
MartinChung  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 4:56:35 PM(UTC)
MartinChung

Hi Vitaly,

More info:

The demo uploader on the Aurigma site appears to work. However, when we try it on our site, it doesn't, and when we try to force HTML 5 mode using your code snippet, there is a popup message stating:

Message from webpage
HTML5 Uploader is not supported in this browser

This same message also pops up in a dialog box when using the RT desktop version IE as well, and also on Windows 7 IE 9. The page works with Firefox, Chrome, and Safari, which is odd, since if we were missing a file or something, you'd think it wouldn't work in HTML 5 for any browser?

We're running the latest 8.0.28 version.

Martin
vitaly  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2013 8:30:16 PM(UTC)
vitaly

Hello,

Upload Suite 8.0.32 released.
New Features and General Improvements

HTML5 Uploader:
- Internet Explorer 10 and Google Chrome 24 are supported now.

Flash Uploader:
- Removed restrictions on number of thumbnails which can be configured in Flash Uploader.

Bug Fixes

Java Uploader:
- Improved end-user instructions for Mac OS X Lion/Mountain Lion on how to download and install Java plug-in.
- Fixed a problem with Mozilla Firefox which had been initializing Java Uploader with 120-second delay.

HTML5 Uploader:
- Fixed a problem with the *.*=Thumbnail;*.*=SourceFile' converter which had not sent non-image source files to the server.

========================
You can find the latest Upload Suite release here: http://www.aurigma.com/P...eUploader/FreeTrial.aspx
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov