Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mmount  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:12:51 PM(UTC)
mmount

Groups: Member

I am testing uploading multiple images to Amazon S3. As each image is uploaded it is removed from the upload pane. The problem with this is that when images that haven't been displayed get bumped into the Upload pane they don't show a thumbnail - just a generic icon. Also, once all images with thumbnails have been uploaded the last one remains displayed and it looks like that one failed to upload since the generic thumbnails are still bumping up and their filename is changing but that first image is just sitting there until the upload completes.

I would like to either:

* Hide all the thumbnails during the upload process

or (ideally)

* Show a check mark on each image as it is uploaded then remove it from the upload pane after the upload is completed

How would I do this?

Also, if the user selects the Cancel button, is there an event that fires so I can restore my page to a proper state? There are a few things I am thinking of changing but I would need to handle an error and the cancel button properly if I do. Namely, I am thinking of posting a callback after each file completes uploading to update my database with that one file rather than waiting until the upload completes to update with all the files. I also want to disable my buttons during upload and would need to reenable if the user cancels the upload.

Thanks,

Mike

p.shirykalova  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 10:58:34 PM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Mike,

I tested one pane layout today and indeed for some reason after some files are uploaded the ones which were "hidden" in the upload pane before do not display thumbnails (just icons as you said).

However after all files were uploaded no thumbnail/icon remained in the upload pane - all of them were removed from the upload pane.

I will report about icons issue to our developers. Meanwhile please let me know how many files do you upload and what is their average size? It would be great to have the complete code of your Uploader configuration so I can reproduce the problem locally. Also please try to create the screenshot of the problem and attach it here.

As for check mark, I think you can try creating custom upload pane items. Please refer to our Multiple Descriptions demo for more details (the source code is available on our demo portal and in your local Aurigma samples).

Finally, how to handle the situation when the user cancels the upload process. In such situation Error event is fired. Please check errorCode property, if it is "9" - that is what you need, your user canceled the upload process.

Best regards,

Pauline Shirykalova

Aurigma Technical Support

mmount  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:05:15 AM(UTC)
mmount

p.shirykalova wrote:
Meanwhile please let me know how many files do you upload and what is their average size? It would be great to have the complete code of your Uploader configuration so I can reproduce the problem locally. Also please try to create the screenshot of the problem and attach it here.

I can not reproduce today. I was mucking about trying to cause errors yesterday and must have done something to cause the behavior. I recall at one point adding another photo to the upload while photos were being uploaded and that might have been when I got the "leftover" image. Since then I have disabled the Add Photo and Add Folder options during upload.

p.shirykalova wrote:
As for check mark, I think you can try creating custom upload pane items. Please refer to our Multiple Descriptions demo for more details (the source code is available on our demo portal and in your local Aurigma samples).

I am inclined instead to create a customized progress indicator and hide the uploader during upload so the generic icon issue is hidden. Out of curiousity is there a way to display the thumbnail of the currently uploading image in a custom progress indicator?

p.shirykalova wrote:
Finally, how to handle the situation when the user cancels the upload process. In such situation Error event is fired. Please check errorCode property, if it is "9" - that is what you need, your user canceled the upload process.

Thanks for this info. I have added errorCodes for 9 (cancelled by user) and 12 (cancelled by script) to alter error handling appropriately when the user chooses to cancel the upload.

I appreciate your help. I know I'm asking a lot of questions while I get this thing working the way I want.

Mike

p.shirykalova  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:03:56 PM(UTC)
p.shirykalova

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Hi Mike,

Quote:
Out of curiousity is there a way to display the thumbnail of the currently uploading image in a custom progress indicator?

No, unfortunately it is impossible.

Quote:
I know I'm asking a lot of questions while I get this thing working the way I want.

It's ok, we try our best to make you happy with the product.

Best regards,

Pauline Shirykalova

Aurigma Technical Support