Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
photo_tom  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2004 6:56:00 AM(UTC)
photo_tom

Groups: Member

Just upgraded from 2.1.0.245 and have a new problem. Now, I do not get the entire directory of jpegs displaying as i did before. I get 0, 1 or may 3-4 files. It seems that it cannot open jpg files directly from camera. If I open file in photoshop and do a save for web, then uploader will display the file.

Any thoughts as what to do?

Tom Thorp

Still waters, great photos

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2004 12:21:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi Tom,

> Now, I do not get the entire directory of jpegs displaying as i did before. I get 0, 1 or may 3-4 files.

Could you describe the problem more detailed? As far as I understand if you navigate a folder where a lot of JPEGs are stored, Image Uploader displays only few of them. Is it right? Does it display only the first ones, or randomly?

> It seems that it cannot open jpg files directly from camera. If I open file in photoshop and do a save for web, then uploader will display the file.

Image Uploader never read files from camera (at least at our Canon Powershot G5). It displays the camera in file tree, but display no files at this node. Currently we are working at it and possible this feature will be available in version 2.2. As for now, you should copy files from some location first.

photo_tom  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2004 6:54:00 PM(UTC)
photo_tom

Groups: Member

This version of uploader (unlike all of the others), does not display all of the JPEG's in a directory. Sorry for not making my original post clearer.

On my computer most of the files are copied from the memory cards shot with my Canon S50 and 10D using Canon's Zoombrowser software to my hard drive. the unmodified files from the camera are not opened by uploader. Only files that have been re-saved (by photoshop 7.0 & CS) as jpegs are displayed. I proved this by taking a file that was not displayed, opening and resaving with a different file name. Uploader saw the modified file, not the original.

As speculation on my part, it seems that files with the camera EXIF are not displayed and files without it are.

Tom Thorp

Still waters, great photos

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 13, 2004 8:34:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Could you submit case with some of such JPEGs?

Edited by user Friday, May 23, 2008 4:04:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 16, 2004 1:59:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

The problem proved to be occurred because of FileMask property. In the current version it is case sensitive, so if you set it to *.jpg, files with extension *.JPG will be hidden.

We will fix it in the nearest release. Meanwhile you can use the following workaround: add capitalized version of all the file extensions, e.g:

Code:
<PARAM NAME="FileMask" VALUE="*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.JPG;*.JPEG"> 

Edited by user Monday, December 24, 2007 5:49:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Fedor  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2004 4:10:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
This problem was fixed in version 2.5.0.2:

View post
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov