Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shehbaz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:53:33 AM(UTC)
Shehbaz

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

We have created a facebook application and are using aurigma up for uploading pictures from iphone. Recently we faced a an issue;

When user logs into the native facebook ios application (not safari browser) and uses our app to upload an image, aurigma redirects him to safari (as it should because of return url). We want the user to be redirected to the facebook ios application.

I am assuming as user clicks aurigma link and it opens aurigma native app on iphone, so it might be possible to provide a link which opens facebook native app on iphone.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:32:30 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Shehbaz,

I discussed your requirements with our developer team. Unfortunately the current version of Aurigma Up does not support this feature. They said that it will be possible in the next release of Aurigma Up.

Please follow at update on our site.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
Shehbaz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 2, 2012 11:45:09 PM(UTC)
Shehbaz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for the help. I have created a solution for it. So maybe it can help someone else.

I have attached a javascript onclick function to the aurigma up link before it is submitted,
in the function I check if the user agent contains /FBForIphone or /FBForIpad (its native FB application) If its true then with javascript, I replace the return url to "fb://root" . So after uploading picture, user will be redirected to fb://root which is custom url on iphone for facebook native app and it makes the native application open.

Thanks.

thanks 1 user thanked Shehbaz for this useful post.
Dmitry.Obukhov on 5/3/2012(UTC)
Nacer  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 7:24:40 AM(UTC)
Nacer

Hi,

I have the same need, i'am trying to redirect aurigma up back to the app how launched it with a custom scheme link "myapp://" .

Does the aurigmaup app on Android use a Intent to open the redirectUrl ?
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 10:50:17 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Nacer,

Unfortunately current version of Aurigma Up on Android does not support redirecting to custom url scheme. The next release will be free of this issue.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Nacer  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 21, 2012 11:41:21 PM(UTC)
Nacer

Hi Dmitry,

Do you have a ETA for the new release ?

Do you know if the redirect to personal scheme work on Iphone or it's the same problem ?

Thank You
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:28:09 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Unfortunately estimated time for new release in unknown yet because our developer team is busy with another project which will be released soon. After its releasing they will work on Aurigma Up. Then I will keep you informed about it :)

As for custom url scheme in iOS.. Previous guys, submitted this topic, said that they found a workaround for redirecting to native FB application (please see their post). However I am not sure that it will work correctly on Android. You may try their method too. Actually there is another way but should say that it is quite ugly. It is server redirecting. You set redirectUrl to, say, redirect.php page. On redirect.php page you make redirect to native application via custom url scheme.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Nacer  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:46:58 AM(UTC)
Nacer

Okay dmitry,

For the moment, I think i will use the trick where the redirectUrl is a simple index.html with meta refresh redirect to myapp:// .

Thank you