Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shrieks  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 1:12:07 PM(UTC)
shrieks

Groups:

Hi,

I am working with Image Uploader 7.0.37 Print Edition and have found that even if the user cancels the upload operation, the RequestComplete form field does not always return blank on the server.

Sometimes when the operation is cancelled it returns 1, sometimes it returns blank value. Is there something specific that I need to do to make it more reliable OR is this field to be used in conjunction with checking if all files have come through?

I have set FilesPerPackage = 1 if that is relevant.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:36:27 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

If RequestComplete field returns 1, it means that HTTP POST request was received by server completely. In this case, the server-side script should handle this request, and save file. If there is no RequestComplete in the POST request (i.e. it is null), it means that the request was uploaded incompletely, i.e. user clicked Cancel, closed browser, navigated to another page from the page with the uploader.

As far as I understand you are talking about cases when you cancel the uploading process, but RequestComplete comes with 1. It occurs when you try to cancel the current request, but it has already been uploaded. In other words, the request which you tried to cancel was sent completely (e.g. request #9), and only the next request (request #10) was canceled. In this case, the cancelled request #10 will not be sent at all, and server will receive no fields of it. You can try to test it with large size images.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.