Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
codesmith  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:15:26 PM(UTC)
codesmith

Groups: Member

Hi,

I've looked through the docs but couldn't find an answer to this. Is it possible to change the image that's used for the image thumbnail if it's an unsupported image type (for creating the thumbnail.) Like .pdf or .psd files. The one in the java viewer is ok but I'd at least like to know on the upload whether or not there was a successful thumbnail created - and if not use my own default image.

Thanks
Justin

Using Image Uploader Dual 6.5.19
codesmith  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 5:26:00 PM(UTC)
codesmith

Also, looks like according to this:

http://www.aurigma.com/d...lingFilesCompression.htm

.tif files (and .tiff?) should be supported but I'm not getting thumbnails. Do I have to add a setting to get these? The other file types work.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 9:22:23 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Justin,

Quote:
I've looked through the docs but couldn't find an answer to this. Is it possible to change the image that's used for the image thumbnail if it's an unsupported image type (for creating the thumbnail.) Like .pdf or .psd files. The one in the java viewer is ok but I'd at least like to know on the upload whether or not there was a successful thumbnail created - and if not use my own default image.

You can check files on server side. If the file is image, you will save its thumbnail. Otherwise, you will save your own image.
Alternative way is to save source files or icon in case of non-image file. Please read on how to handle this situation in the Uploading Non-Image Files topic.
Quote:
.tif files (and .tiff?) should be supported but I'm not getting thumbnails. Do I have to add a setting to get these? The other file types work.

TIFF format is supported by Image Uploader ActiveX only. Unfortunately, Image Uploader Java cannot create TIFF thumbnails.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
codesmith  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:49:23 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Thanks - gotcha on the tiff one but don't understand your reply to the first question.

How do I know if a thumbnail was successfully generated and uploaded? I'm seeing the default thumbnail image (the blank page with turned down corner) for every file type that's uploaded that's not an image. Is there a way to "test" that this default thumbnail was uploaded? For example, the TIFF format you mentioned - how would I know if the thumbnail for the tiff file was generated or not? (Server side).
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 7:37:20 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Justin,

You can check the size of uploaded thumbnail. The icon (blank page with turned down corner) is 4 bytes only. I do not think that you resize images so that they have 4 bytes only :) Thus, you should compare of uploaded thumbnail of image, and if it is 4 byte, save your own image. Otherwise, save this thumbnail.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.