Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sdonnet  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:35:00 AM(UTC)
sdonnet

Groups: Member

Hi,

I recently upgraded to v7 Pro, and discovered that Qualitymeter has disappeared and is only on Print version, which is for me a great disappointment. My users were very happy with these features, and I don't understand why I have to double-upgrade for that. Why this change ?

The second reason of my disappointment was precisely that I have to pay a full product price for upgrading, just because my v6 pro was 14 months old, and not 12 months old, and there was no real upgrade path. I knew and used your product since v3, and it becomes more and more expensive to follow you.

Edited by user Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:39:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:53:50 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
I recently upgraded to v7 Pro, and discovered that Qualitymeter has disappeared and is only on Print version, which is for me a great disappointment. My users were very happy with these features, and I don't understand why I have to double-upgrade for that. Why this change ?

I think that the confusion was caused because v6 and v7 have different license models. In particular:

- v7 Pro is the closest equivalent to v6 Standard

- v7 Print is the closest equivalent to v6 Professional

If you need Print version, you can switch to it for a difference of prices between Pro and Print. Please email me at sales@aurigma.com regarding this and I will create you an order.

Quote:
The second reason of my disappointment was precisely that I have to pay a full product price for upgrading, just because my v6 pro was 14 months old, and not 12 months old, and there was no real upgrade path. I knew and used your product since v3, and it becomes more and more expensive to follow you.

After we released v7, there was a special upgrade offer for all existing customers. This offer lasted 6 months (until May 2011), so it was a good opportunity to get v7 with a discount.

Anyway, since you have switched to the new license model with maintenance subscription, such situations will not reoccur in future. All you need is to renew the maintenance subscription for a fixed fee once a year and you will receive free licenses without having to worry about upgrades.