Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
padair  
#1 Posted : Friday, September 23, 2011 9:46:15 AM(UTC)
padair

Groups: Member

I am implementing Aurigma Up on a php website and everything works good getting an image uploaded from the iphone gallery with one exception.

I noticed in the sample php code it is not creating a thumbnail like the sample ASP.NET code. I researched creating thumbnails with php and found a few standard functions that do this. The main one being imagecreatefromjpeg.

Everytime I try to process an Aurigma Up image from the iphone it fails on the thumb create with the following error.

Warning: imagecreatefromjpeg() [function.imagecreatefromjpeg]: 'pics/UploadedFile19.jpg' is not a valid JPEG file in /var/www/thumbs.php on line 17

I have tried my thumbs.php script on other jpg files (created with paint or other sources) and it works fine. Only seems to have a problem with Aurigma Up jpg files.

Has anyone come across a fix for this or know of another way to create thumbnail files using Aurigma Up on iPhone?

thx, Paul.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 1:43:51 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Paul,

I attached SimpleImage.php class to this post. Using it you are able to resize images on the server side, like in this code snippet:
Code:
//create nd save thumbnail
include('SimpleImage.php');
$image = new SimpleImage();
$image->load($galleryPath."/".$sourceFileName);
$image->resize(250,300);
$image->save($galleryPath."/".'picture'.$i.'.jpg');

This way is working for me perfectly. Also, I attached file with complete server-side code. Please download and look through it. If you have any additional questions please feel free to let me know.

Edited by user Monday, September 26, 2011 1:45:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
ResizingOnPHP.zip (3kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.