Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
FADE  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 8:38:51 AM(UTC)
FADE

Groups: Member

Hello,

I am using ImageUploader7 of the upload control, I seem to be having an odd issue. on my dev box I have no problem with the control, I can delete the control from IE 8 and then I am prompted for the aurigma install by activeX everything looks good.

I then published it to the staging box and still no issue, the app works as expected.

When I published it to production and tested it, IE is not prompted by activeX to install the control, however in other browsers (firefox, opera) both prompt via the java applet just fine. Not really sure what I am missing here.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Fade
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 29, 2011 8:07:45 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Fade,
Quote:
…IE is not prompted by activeX to install the control…

Please clarify: whether ActiveX control is not installed at all; or Image Uploader is displayed fine without promting to install control.

I recommend you to remove previously installed Image Uplaoder ActiveX controls from your machine, and try installing it again. Please remove controls from this folder: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\. Also, you can check IE Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Show All Add-ons -> remove ActiveX controls from the add-on list.
If the problem persists please provide me with a direct link to your site with Image Uploader (login/password if any). You are able to submit new support ticket to post there your login information.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
Ublo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:14:46 AM(UTC)
Ublo

Hello,

Many of my customers have the same problem with Internet Explorer 8 (on Windows 7).

They had Aurigma Image Uploader 6, and I just installed for all of them your new version Uploader 7 (latest release).

When they try to start Uploader, nothing is asked by IE.

How to force update / reinstall ?

Thanks for helping.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 6, 2011 12:26:17 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

Actually, Internet Explorer should prompt your clients about installing new version of Image Uploader ActiveX. Usually, this problem is caused by some settings of Internet Explorer.

Please ask your clients to try removing previous installed Image Uplaoder ActiveX controls from their machine, and try installing it again. They should remove controls from this folder: C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\. Also, please ask them to check IE Tools -> Manage Add-ons -> Show All Add-ons -> remove ActiveX controls from the add-on list.
Alternately, you can provide them with the Image Uploader 7 Standalone ActiveX Installer.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Ublo  
#5 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 3:15:48 AM(UTC)
Ublo

Hello,

I asked them to do what you suggested, but did not work.

I have other clients reporting me this problem, they are using IE 7 + Windows Vista.

What happened is :
> IE asks to install Active X control
> After installing, it restarts
> Another message asks to install Image Uploader 7
> After a while, a message reminds Image Uploader functions and says that if it does not work, user have to restart all installation process

My customer did it several times, but nothing changes.

He tried to disable his firewall, empty cache, remove activeX controls from add-on list and windows folder (C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\).

Don't you have similar problems with other Image Uploader users ?

Thanks for helping me (and my clients) to solve this problem quickly.

Regards,
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#6 Posted : Friday, September 9, 2011 10:27:48 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Appéré,

Could you please provide me with a direct link to your page with Image Uploader 7 (login/password if any)? I will test it in our testing lab.

On your side: please ask your users who experience the problem with installing ActiveX control, to try Aurigma Basic demo site with Image Uploader. Then please let us know about results. Also, please ask them to try installing Image Uploader 7 Standalone ActiveX Installer.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Ublo  
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:20:44 AM(UTC)
Ublo

Hello,

Just to say that my problem is now solved.

The problem was that we updated the Image Uploader 7.0.28 to 7.0.35, without updating the "scripts" folder (only the .cab and .jar files).
We are using the Javascript version of Image Uploader for information.

Thanks everybody !
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#8 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:49:44 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. If you have any additional questions please feel free to let me know.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Tornjak  
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:10:50 AM(UTC)
Tornjak

FADE wrote:
Hello,

I am using ImageUploader7 of the upload control, I seem to be having an odd issue. on my dev box I have no problem with the control, I can delete the control from IE 8 and then I am prompted for the aurigma install by video activeX everything looks good.

I then published it to the staging box and still no issue, the app works as expected.

When I published it to production and tested it, IE is not prompted by activeX to install the control, however in other browsers (firefox, opera) both prompt via the java applet just fine. Not really sure what I am missing here.

Thanks for the help in advance :)

Fade

Got same problem with ImageUploader7, I didn't get from post how did you fix it, could you tell me on some easy language, i am not expert, if possible? Thanks
vitaly  
#10 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2013 8:55:56 PM(UTC)
vitaly

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello Tornjak,

Could you try to remove all earlier installed Aurigma ActiveX Controls and go to the page with uploader with a cleaning browser. Also I recommend you to use the latest Upload Suite version.

Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Aurigma Technical Support
Best regards,
Vitaly Kustov
Aurigma Technical Support