Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zsoumya  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 7:05:32 AM(UTC)
zsoumya

Groups:

I am using Aurigma Flash for an ASP.NET 3.5 + AJAX project. The page has quite a few other server controls apart from the Aurigma Flash control which are loaded from database during first time page load. Some session variables are also initialized in the first time page load.

I have noticed that if I upload n photos via Aurigma the Page_Load event of the parent page is invoked n times each time with IsPostBack flag set to false. This causes a problem because the page thinks it is being loaded for the first time and reinitializes my controls as well as my session variables, that too multiple times. Is this normal? Is there any way to work around this?

Also, I found that if I set the values of server controls (for example the text of a ASP:TextBox) from the AllFilesUploaded server side event, the changes are not rendered in the client side. Why is so? Is there any workaround?

Edited by user Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:55:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 12:04:07 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Maybe in this case it would be better to split the logic into two pages: a page where you host all controls including Image Uploader and a page which receives all uploads from the uploader. This approach is described in the Saving Uploaded Files in ASP.NET (“Extended Processing of Uploaded Data” section) topic.
Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

fscheu  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 7:56:16 PM(UTC)
fscheu

Groups: Member

Hi Dmitry,

I'm facing the same problem as zsoumya, but we already have all the design of the page with the controls already finished. Is there any workaround to avoid the call to Page_Load with the isPostBack parameter set to false?

Regards,

Federico Scheu

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2011 9:58:05 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Federico,

Please try the way which is described in the Extended Processing of Uploaded Data topic of Image Uploader documentation. The way is based on using one of FileUploaded or AllFilesUploaded methods.

If you have some problems with it or questions please feel free to let me know.

Edited by user Monday, September 5, 2011 11:09:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.