Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rjones_pica9  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:09:54 PM(UTC)
rjones_pica9

Groups: Member

Hi there,

I am currently using ImageUploader 6.x in a PHP page that I'm working on. I do all of the configuration in PHP including attaching a JS method ("setupUploadUrl") to the "BeforeUpload" event.

setupUploadUrl, my custom JS method, uses an AJAX call to determine what URL the ImageUploader should send its files to, and then from JS, calls "setAction." My issue is that the setAction doesn't seem to take effect until the second time that I click "Upload" on my ImageUploader window pane. The first time I click it tries to POST it to the default which I set in the PHP above. How should I go about setting a default action and then changing it in the JavaScript JUST before upload (the reason that I need to wait until this moment is that the new Action is a function of the number of files that the user is uploading).

PHP:
Code:

$imageUploader->setAction("new_asset_upload_filereceiver.php");

JavaScript:
Code:

<?php $imageUploader->addClientBeforeUpload("setupUploadUrl"); ?>
<script type="text/javascript">
function setupUploadUrl() {
	//get file count
	var numFiles = getImageUploader("ImageUploader1").getUploadFileCount();

//get upload url
	$.ajax({
		type:	"POST",
		url:	"asset_locker_get_upload_url.php",
		data:	{"numFiles": numFiles, "as_batch": 1},
		success: function( ret ) {
			if (ret.error) { //error
				return false;
			} else { //default handling
				getImageUploader("ImageUploader1").setAction(ret.url);
				getImageUploader("ImageUploader1").setRedirectUrl("new_asset_upload_step3.php?batch_key="+ret.batch_code);
			}

return true;
		},
		dataType: "json"
	});
	alert(getImageUploader("ImageUploader1").getAction());
	return false;
}
</script>

Thanks a lot!
andreym  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 9:14:29 PM(UTC)
andreym

Groups:

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hello!

The problem is with your ajax call. By default it is asynchronous, so the setupUploadUrl function returns before the ajax call finished and success callback executed.

You can try to make a synchronous call by settings async option to false.
Here is a quote from jQuery documentation:
Quote:
async
Default: true

By default, all requests are sent asynchronously (i.e. this is set to true by default). If you need synchronous requests, set this option to false. Cross-domain requests and dataType: "jsonp" requests do not support synchronous operation. Note that synchronous requests may temporarily lock the browser, disabling any actions while the request is active.

Another option is to hide the standard Upload button and make custom html button. When user clicks on that button you make ajax call, set ActionUrl parameter and after that start upload with getImageUploader("ImageUploader1").Send(); method.