Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Peter-BuyYourCar  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:13:05 AM(UTC)
Peter-BuyYourCar

Groups: Member

I'm having trouble with the Flash Image Uploader in Firefox version 4.0.1. The initial problem is that the image uploader is displaying the actionurl at the bottom of the UI where the text "No Files To Upload" is displayed when using IE(9) and Google Chrome(11.0.696.71). This is in turn causing the width of the UI to be wider than the containing div resulting in some of the interface being cut off.

Secondly the image uploader fails to upload images in firefox, but works fine in IE and chrome. I can add images to the collection to be uploaded but when I click Upload it returns the following error:

Package upload error: 'Error #2038'

When uploading in Firefox the web application doesn't hit the POST method that is reached when using IE or Chrome. I've checked what's happening using Fiddler and see that IE is posting to /secure/private-seller-dashboard/advert-image-manager/57efb03b-6dcd-458a-93ec-fa8afdd3537a, but Firefox is posting to /secure/private-seller-dashboard/advert-image-manager/

I have no idea why Firefox is missing off this last piece of information because I've checked the page source and all the data is there. I hope you can help me sort out these issues.

Thanks in advance,

Peter
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:54:12 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Peter,

It is known problem with Image Uploader Flash and Firefox 4. It has been fixed in new version.
Please download new release 7.2 of Image Uploader Flash from our site, and update it on your server.

After that please let me know about your results.

P.S. please learn more about bug fixes in the What’ New? section.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
Peter-BuyYourCar  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 3:18:14 AM(UTC)
Peter-BuyYourCar

Thanks for the reply, I've update the version to 7.2 which has fixed the problem I was experiencing.

Kind Regards,

Peter
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 5, 2011 7:25:06 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Peter,

I am glad that your problem has been resolved. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or problems.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
nizzy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:03:04 AM(UTC)
nizzy

I have Firefox 5.0. The Image Uploader Flash 7.2.2 does not show at all.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 7, 2011 3:28:30 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

Unfortunately, I could not replicate this problem locally. I have installed Firefox 5. Then I opened page with Flash Uploader. It was displayed in a couple of seconds.

Could you please provide me with a link to your site where the problem occurs? Please try other browsers (IE, Chrome), and clarify whether the problem happens there. Also, please try our Basic demo in Firefox 5, and let me know about results.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
nizzy  
#7 Posted : Friday, July 8, 2011 3:24:08 AM(UTC)
nizzy

Hi Dmitry, thx for your quick reply.
The uploader cannot show properly locally. But when i open it on the web, it's works fine.
With other browser is ok.
When I enable the web console (from web developer tools), it says error:
"[11:30:15.380] missing ) after argument list @ http://localhost:3099/event/250/0/jihan/aurigma.aspx:115"
This error occurs only locally, in the web it's ok.

N is there any sample file for uploading files using UploadHandler Class? I've successfully do the upload procedure (uploading the files n then redirect to the specified url) using UploadHandler Class. But then it's not working anymore after a few hours (and tens times uploading), the uploader just stop working.
When i debug it, it went to the handler perfectly. The file is uploaded, but the flash uploader just stuck, not going anywhere (even if i remove the returnURL as well).

In the status pane it will show as following:
UPLOADING... (with the upload bars full)Files completed: 0/1, Data uploaded: 57kb/57kb

And if I upload more than 1 file, only the first one will be uploaded, then the flash uploader just stops, and it's not going to upload othre files)

When i change the way i handle the uploadedfiles with Onuploadedfiles event handler directly to the code behind (instead of going to .ashx file and set the actionURL), it works fine.
Alex Kon  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:42:22 AM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello nizzy,

Could you try to write any non-empty string to response in your .ashx handler? Flash sometimes hangs up when receives empty response.

Best regards,
Alex Kon
thanks 1 user thanked Alex Kon for this useful post.
nizzy on 7/11/2011(UTC)
nizzy  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 6:26:25 AM(UTC)
nizzy

Hi Alex,

Thanks a lot, it works.
Alex Kon  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 8:40:22 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Glad to hear that!