Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
digi-ghost  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 7, 2011 7:15:50 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Groups: Member

Hi

We're currently using version 5 on our sites. We're considering upgrading to version 7, but I've some questions on version 7 that hopefully someone could answer:

- Is Internet Explorer supported on the 64-bit version of Windows?

- On version 5 we see Virtual Memory issues when resizing images for uploading. I notice that there is some product information for version 7 that talks about the manner in which it handles images to avoid this (splitting the image into smaller chunks and resizing them individually before rebuilding the image). Is this something that it new for v7, or was it always the way the ImageUploader handled resizing, and therefore hasn't changed into v7?

- For anyone that moved from v5 to v7, what were the major differences between implementing the two APIs? I've noticed a post about 'select all' not being available in v7; is this true?

Any feedback or insight in to the v5->v7 process would be gratefully received.

Cheers

DG

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 8, 2011 1:33:19 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
Is Internet Explorer supported on the 64-bit version of Windows?

Yes, Internet Explorer 64-bit is supported by Image Uploader 7.

Quote:
On version 5 we see Virtual Memory issues when resizing images for uploading.

Imaging-related functionality was re-implemented almost from the ground. New approaches allowed us to increase upload speed and resolve problems with memory. If you want, you can download trial version of the product and try it with images typical for your application.

Quote:
I've noticed a post about 'select all' not being available in v7

The product has new user interface. We did a lot of usability tests planning new GUI, it became more convenient and responsive.

I guess new version is worth to try, you will find it much better than your current version 5.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

digi-ghost  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:51:18 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Hi

I'm just trying out the online demo of v7, and am finding it very, very slow in loading the control, in all browsers - FF 4.01, Chrome 12 and IE 9. When I say a long time, I'm talking a minute or two, which seems far slower than v5.

Is this to be expected on v7?

DG

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:34:13 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Stuart,

Our researches have shown that Image Uploader 7 is faster than Image Uploader 6.

Could you please clarify which online demo you tested, and what total size of files you uploaded?

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

digi-ghost  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:37:50 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Hi Dmitry

The online demo I tried was the one at http://demo.aurigma.com/.../BasicDemo/Default.aspx.

The issue wasn't with the actual upload of the images (which seemed fine), but actually with the time taken for the Java or Active X component to be installed. I seemed to spend a lot of time starting at the rotating 'Installing' icon.

Once it was installed preformance was fine, i.e. going back to the page once it's been installed was fast, it was the first install that was slow.

DG

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 3:49:07 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Thank you for your explanation.

Most probably, you have already installed Image Uploader 5 on your machine. In this case, version 5 is loaded faster than yet non-installed version 7. When you open page with Image Uploader 7 in Java-enabled browser (FF, Chrome), ImageUploader7.jar file should be downloaded. It takes some time. The same thing occurs with Image Uploader ActiveX. Moreover, the sizes of JAR (1 Mb) and CAB (1.7 Mb) files of version 7 is a bit bigger, than sizes of the same files (700 KB and 1.3 MB correspondently) of version 5.

It is normal situation that loading Image Uploader 7 is longer while opening it first time.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

digi-ghost  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:18:25 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Thanks for your quick help so far Dmitry; the larger size of the files could have been a factor when trying the demo.

On a related topic, how well does the Image Uploader Flash handle resizing large images. Does it use the same technology as the full Java/ActiveX uploader for managing virtual memory issues on large/resized files? Also, is it also compatible with 64bit IE?

Thanks in advance

DG

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 10:03:00 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

Quote:
On a related topic, how well does the Image Uploader Flash handle resizing large images. Does it use the same technology as the full Java/ActiveX uploader for managing virtual memory issues on large/resized files?

It resizes images as well good as Image Uploader Java/ActiveX. However, technology is different because of some restrictions of Flash platform. To resize image, it loads them to memory.

Quote:
Also, is it also compatible with 64bit IE?

Yes, it supports Internet Explore x64.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

digi-ghost  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:49:22 AM(UTC)
digi-ghost

Hey Dmitri

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I thought it would be good to keep a similar question in the same thread.

So, Image Uploader 7 works on EI 64 bit, which is great. I've received another question from our Customer Service team - does it also work on Windows 7 64 bit (or is the OS not important, just the browser)?

Dmitry  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:30:02 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Yes, that's right. Versions 7 and 8 support all range of operating systems including 64bit.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!