Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jack1970  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:30:40 PM(UTC)
jack1970

Groups: Member

I have an existing Joomla site that has a Virtuemart store already configured. We will be selling print reproductions of a thousands of images as well as allowing customers to upload their own photos for reproduction. I attempted to upload the Photo Order Plugin using the extension install function of Joomla and received this error. "There was an error uploading this file to the server." I looked through the forum and could not find an answer to a similar problem. Is this a conflict with my existing Virtuemart installation? Any help is appreciated.
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 3:28:59 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

Most probably, you experience this problem because the folder where you install plug-in does not has necessary write permissions. Please check it, and add permissions to install Photo Order.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
jack1970  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 6:49:11 AM(UTC)
jack1970

Dmitry,
Thanks for the reply however I am still unable to install the Photo Order Plugin into our Joomla site. We have a number of other sites and install many plugins and have not experienced an issue with failed installations such as we are with Photo Order. I have been on the phone with our hosting provider tech support and they concur that all permissions are set correctly therefore the zip package should install without the problem that I am having.

Any help is greatly appreciated as we need to evaluate this plugin prior to purchase.

**In case you are wondering the permissions on the plugin directory are set to 755.

Edited by user Tuesday, April 12, 2011 1:40:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Added note on directory permissions.

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 9:00:11 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

Actually, it is strange that plug-in could not be installed. I recommend you to download zip package from our site anew. There are two possible ways to install it. They are described in the Getting Started section. Please follow the instructions, and let me know about your results.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.