Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MattiXTech  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 6:28:06 PM(UTC)
MattiXTech

Groups: Member

Hello,

I am in the process of testing my web application for compliance on different browsers and have noticed that the Image Uploader (Java) does not work properly on Chrome (10.0.648.133) or Opera (11.01) on Mac OS X (10.6.6), they work fine on Windows 7 using the same browsers however.

The issue on Chrome is that the drag and drop box will not actually accept a 'dragged' photo from finder. Dragging the image into the upload box causes Chrome to open a new tab and load that image separately in that tab never sending it to the Image Uploader.

The issue on Opera is that the box takes ages to load and when it finally loads it is just a blank space where the 'drag and drop' box should show up. When you attempt to drag an image onto this blank spot the same behaviour as in the Chrome scenario above happens, a new tab is created and the image is loaded in that tab.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these problems and knows of a workaround, or even if someone else could replicate the problem and confirm they are affected as well and that it is not just me.

Note: I have tested it in both Safari and Firefox on Mac OS X and it worked flawlessly.

Thank you!

Edited by user Friday, March 11, 2011 6:28:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 1:14:32 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Matthew,
  1. Google Chrome On Mac.

We confirm that the issue takes place on this browser on Macs. Unfortunately, our developers could not fix it. This issue is caused by feature of Java implementation on Mac machines. We have already informed Apple technical support of this problem. However, we have got no replies from them yet.
  2. Opera.

This type of browser is out of official Image Uploader supporting. Image Uploader supports only Firefox, Chrome (excepting for Mac), Safari, Internet Explorer 7 and letter.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.