Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
codesmith  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:27:12 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Groups: Member

Hi yet again - sorry to be posting so many problems but I've been keeping a better eye on error logs and want to solve some longstanding problems. :)

So a few times a day we get customers who have failed uploads. This is a LAMP server set up using Uploader Dual 6.5.19. Just this morning a customer tried to upload a single file 5 times in a row and it fails every time.

Here's what's in the $_FILES array:

Code:
Array
(
    [SourceFile_1] => Array
        (
            [name] => febmar_2010.psd
            [type] => 
            [tmp_name] => 
            [error] => 3
            [size] => 0
        )

)

$_POST["FileCount"] is empty if that means anything.

I *cannot* contact the customer to get them to turn on any client side debugging. I don't know if there's any other server debugging I can turn on to help troubleshoot. I don't see errors in the Apache/PHP logs. User's browser string sent is

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)

Edited by moderator Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:41:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:33:33 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Justin,

I noted from your dump request this [error] => 3. Error 3 means “The URL specified in the Action property has an incorrect syntax” (read here). Could you please check it in your script?

Nevertheless, please try to contact your customer once again to get the Java console content when the error occurs. Also, it would be great if he/she send us the image which should be uploaded (febmar_2010.psd). By the way, if you set to upload thumbnails only (without source file), PSD file cannot be resized. It can be send as source file only.

The last and the most important thing is providing me with a link to your site so that I have possibility to test it myself.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

codesmith  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 12:16:47 AM(UTC)
codesmith

Hi Dmitry,

I'll PM you the website now. Are you sure about the error 3 and the page you sent? The error is set in the $_FILES array which is set by PHP's upload process right? Not by the uploader. I thought the error 3 was this:

UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL

Value: 3; The uploaded file was only partially uploaded.

http://php.net/manual/en...s.file-upload.errors.php

Thanks

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 3:47:27 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Justin,

Thank you for the link.

I tested it, and got no problem while uploaded my images. I made the test several times – it worked okay. I also tried to upload PSD files, and got the same fine result.

I noted that you did not set FilesPerOnePackageCount property. I recommend you to set it to 1. Please try it, then test Image Uploader, and let me know about your results.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

codesmith  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:21:28 PM(UTC)
codesmith

Hi Dimitry,

Thanks for testing it. Yes it always works for me too in all kinds of scenarios but every day we get a handful or errors like this. Usually it's just one file so I don't see how FilesPerOnePackageCount will help. But I'll try it.

Can you confirm that you agree that error code 3 is this:

UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL

Can you think of any other way to troubleshoot this? Log files somewhere? Is there anyway to turn on server side debugging for the File Uploader?

Thanks

Justin

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 2:29:23 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hi Justin,

Quote:

Can you confirm that you agree that error code 3 is this:

UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL

Yes, you are quite right here :)

Quote:
Usually it's just one file so I don't see how FilesPerOnePackageCount will help. But I'll try it.

Please clarify the size value of uploaded file. Probably, this file is too large, and server cannot receive it completely. Therefore, upload fails with “The uploaded file was only partially uploaded” error. You can try to increase some parameters of your PHP such as post_max_size and upload_max_filesize. Please read detailed information on how to change it in documentation.

As for logs – actually, you should get some notes in PHP log if the problem takes place. Also, Java console dump could shed light on this issue.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

codesmith  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:40:51 PM(UTC)
codesmith

Hi Dimitry,

post_max_size is 1000M (1GB).

upload_max_filesize is 1100M (1.1 GB).

error_logging = E_ALL

Others

max_input_time = 1800

max_execution_time = 10800

memory_limit = 128M

file_uploads = On

We're often getting errors with just one file being uploaded so I very much doubt the file size is too big. I set up a development site on the same server and changed both of the above settings to 1M. We got a different error when uploading a file that was too big - $_FILES is actually empty. With the problem errors noted above I'm at least getting something in $_FILES but it shows the UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL error.

We have error logging set to E_ALL but I'm not seeing anything written to the error_log.

Thanks for your continued support - what else can we try? (Java console is on the client side right? I don't have access to that.)

Justin

Edited by user Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:55:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:09:11 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hi Justin,

Please make the following changes in php.ini file:

1. set display_errors to On;

2. set error_log to path where you need to save error log;

3. set log_errors to On.

Quote:
…what else can we try? (Java console is on the client side right? I don't have access to that.)

Yes, it could be helpful for us.

I will try to test your page today once again, and will let you know if I have some results.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

codesmith  
#9 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 3:18:14 PM(UTC)
codesmith

Hi Dimitry,

So this is becoming more and more of a problem - at least 3 or 4 customers each day are seeing it. It's a variety of files and browser/versions. So I'm going to add some text to show when uploads fail - "Try turning on the java console and send us the output." A couple things on this:

1) I went through the instructions here:

http://www.aurigma.com/d.../iu/UsingJavaConsole.htm

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.5 - there was no Apply Now button. I assume the changes were instant. But I did have to restart the browser to see the console.

2) Is there anything specific that we should tell people to look for? Any options for them to turn on?

I'm still thinking this is a server-side problem but hopefully this will help out. By the way, we do give people the option to use the regular HTML form input file upload and have never had a problem with those uploads failing.

Thanks

Justin

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 4:03:15 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Justin,

Quote:
1) I went through the instructions here:

http://www.aurigma.com/d...iu/UsingJavaConsole.htm

I'm on Mac OSX 10.6.5 - there was no Apply Now button. I assume the changes were instant. But I did have to restart the browser to see the console.

2) Is there anything specific that we should tell people to look for? Any options for them to turn on?

You need just to reload the Image Uploader page to show console. I would like to recommend you to add this message: "Try turning on the java console and send us the output." somewhere before uploading. Since there is no 100 % probability, that user can reproduce the problem second time.

Also, in my previous post I wrote about PHP log file. If you specify it, could you please look through it, and provide me with information you find there?

Today I have googled about UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL error. Analyzing information I read, I assume that users experience this problem because of upload process was cancelled for some reasons. The main one is disconnection by timeout. Another reason is user’s cancel clicking “Cancel” button. However, I checked this one locally, but it does not return UPLOAD_ERR_PARTIAL error. Nevertheless, please check it too.

Therefore, considering the fact that all PHP timeouts you already increased, and that I said the above, I have one else idea you can try. Please try to extend the value of server timeout (and other settings). If you use Apache server, please open etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file, and set these values:

Code:
 ServerType standalone
      ServerRoot "/etc/httpd"
      PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
      ResourceConfig /dev/null
      AccessConfig /dev/null
      Timeout 900
      KeepAlive On
      MaxKeepAliveRequests 0
      KeepAliveTimeout 15
      MinSpareServers 16
      MaxSpareServers 64
      StartServers 16
      MaxClients 512
      MaxRequestsPerChild 100000

In the case you use IIS, please follow this way: open IIS -> open FastCGISettings->increase the following variables:

Code:
MaxRequests
Activity Timeout
Idle Timeout
Request timeout
Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov