Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matissen  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 18, 2004 5:30:00 PM(UTC)
matissen

Groups: Member

We are setting up a digital photo print ordering site using PHP, and would like to use ImageUpload for that, but need to know how to do this:

1) Let the customer choose between different sizes (for each image)

2) Choose between border or borderless printing (for all images)

3) Have the upload create a folder based on the last name the customers fill in a form (that comes along with the order)

I understand you need to change the upload.php so that it creates a folder based on the last name, does anyone know how?

The big problem is the sizes.

We want something like this:

On the first page: Fill in a form with name, adress, email etc, and with imageupload select images which uploads to folder with same name as their last name.

Second page: see all their images and choose size

Third page: choose with our without border for all images, and if the want "autocorrect" on their images etc.

Done.

The best would of course be if before the "first page" (above) they log in, or can create an account which contain their last name, adress etc, and the script then uses this.

Can anyone help?

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2004 8:41:00 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I have made sample for photo print ordering, so read following post first:

View post

1) Let the customer choose between different sizes (for each image)

2) Choose between border or borderless printing (for all images)

I think that you should do it on one step. I have already added different sizes selection. You should only add below each image 2 checkboxes which will specify whether we need to add border or apply autocorrection.

3) Have the upload create a folder based on the last name the customers fill in a form (that comes along with the order)

Do you have alread code for user management? If yes please email it me or post it here. It is no problem to add it, but it requires to know details about user management code you use.
Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

photo_tom  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2004 1:38:00 AM(UTC)
photo_tom

Groups: Member

We are launching our prototype asp.net site www.starphotojvl.com that does most of what you want to do. We are selling the site as part of a complete hosted service.

From experience I can say that this is not an easy task. I've got over 400 hours in so far and still counting. My best suggestion is go look at the various sites that already do this (walmart, ofoto, shutterfly) and look at how they do it. Using Imageuploader as the interface for the user to select images solved more than a few problems and gives a number of unique features that other sites do not offer.

However, you are going to have to code your upload section twice because about 10% +/- browsers that will be hitting your site will not properly handle the Imageuploader ActiveX object.

Tom Thorp

Still waters, great photos

Fedor  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:50:11 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
========================================================

02/14/2008, Fedor

This topic is out of date.

We have included Photo Order sample for all server platforms to Image Uploader distribution.

========================================================

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov