Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dugn8r  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 5:17:48 PM(UTC)
Dugn8r

Groups: Member

Okay... so, I've downloaded the trial and have made a test page to try to upload a photo. I have a few questions about some things:

THe reason for the upload is strictly for ID photos. I've locked the cropping aspect ratio at .8, but it always wants to be horizontal on horizontal photos. Is there a way to ensure the aspect ration is locked so the longer side is vertical? In other words, if the width is 4", the height needs to be 5" high.

Another thing: In Visual Studio, I've set the folder destination to "~/images" to point to the /root/images/ folder. Is that correct?

Can I limit it to only take one photo and then name the uploaded photo the ID number of the person?

When I select a photo and upload it, it tells me it's the trial and then it shows 0 of 0 kb in the status bar. I check the images folder and no photo appears. Is this because it's a trial version? Or is there something wrong with how I'm setting it up? Really... if it's a limitation of the trial version, you really should make it work so people can see the results but create a watermark over the image. Just my 2 cents.

And one more question: When the photo is uploaded, can it be uploaded into a print size (say, 500 pixels high) and a second one be generated at say, 200 pixels high?

Other than that, it looks like a really, really cool plugin. Applause

Edited by user Monday, December 27, 2010 10:25:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 11:12:08 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Administration

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Mark,

Thanks for your questions.

1. Quote:
    I've locked the cropping aspect ratio at .8, but it always wants to be horizontal on horizontal photos. Is there a way to ensure the aspect ratio is locked so the longer side is vertical? In other words, if the width is 4", the height needs to be 5" high.

I need to talk over this question with our developers. I will reply you tomorrow.

2. Quote:
    Another thing: In Visual Studio, I've set the folder destination to "~/images" to point to the /root/images/ folder. Is that correct?

Yes, it is correct.

3. Quote:
    Can I limit it to only take one photo and then name the uploaded photo the ID number of the person?

You can set FilesPerPackage property to 1. In this case, every user-selected file is processed and uploaded in a separate request. You should edit server-side script to save uploaded files with necessary name.

4. Quote:
    When I select a photo and upload it, it tells me it's the trial and then it shows 0 of 0 kb in the status bar. I check the images folder and no photo appears. Is this because it's a trial version? Or is there something wrong with how I'm setting it up? Really... if it's a limitation of the trial version, you really should make it work so people can see the results but create a watermark over the image. Just my 2 cents.

There is something wrong with your script. We provide Premium trial license key, which allows users to test all features of Image Uploader Premium version. Please send me your sample application, I will test it.

5. Quote:
    When the photo is uploaded, can it be uploaded into a print size (say, 500 pixels high) and a second one be generated at say, 200 pixels high?

Sure. You need to set the converters with thumbnail mode, and specify width and height of them:

Code:
     <Converters>
    <aur:Converter Mode="*.*=Thumbnail" ThumbnailFitMode = "Fit"  ThumbnailHeight = "500" ThumbnailWidth ="500" ThumbnailApplyCrop = "true"/>
    <aur:Converter Mode="*.*=Thumbnail" ThumbnailFitMode = "Fit"  ThumbnailHeight = "200" ThumbnailWidth ="200" ThumbnailApplyCrop = "true" />
    </Converters>

Please do not forget implement the server-side code to save thumbnails on your server:

Code:

//Get converters
    ConvertedFile file0 = uploadedFile.ConvertedFiles[0];
    ConvertedFile file1 = uploadedFile.ConvertedFiles[1];
    //Save converters
    file0.SaveAs(Path.Combine(gallery.UploadedFilesAbsolutePath, sourceName));
    file1.SaveAs(Path.Combine(gallery.UploadedFilesAbsolutePath, sourceName));

I created simple application, which illustrates all points (except the first one) I listed above. I attached it for your reference. Please download and try it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or problems.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:01:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
iu7Sample.zip (2,605kb) downloaded 1 time(s).
Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:19:12 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hi Mark,

I talked with our engineers about the first point.

Unfortunately, this feature to lock the crop frame is not supported in the current version. It will be added in the future release of Image Uploader 7.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Dugn8r  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 30, 2010 6:24:36 PM(UTC)
Dugn8r

Hmmm... when is version 7 coming out?
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 12:12:01 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

We have just released new version of Image Uploader 7 (on December 30, 2010). However, the feature mentioned above was not included in this release.

The next one will be issued in 8 weeks. Now you are able to go on test it, and post your comments or some wishes.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Dugn8r  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 3, 2011 5:09:38 AM(UTC)
Dugn8r

Dmitry.Obukhov wrote:
Hello,

The next one will be issued in 8 weeks. Now you are able to go on test it, and post your comments or some wishes.

In eight weeks, consider me a buyer (sooner if you can release a beta to me). As long as it I can lock it to a portrait aspect ratio. Looking forward to it!