Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
olebrum  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 3, 2010 1:10:08 AM(UTC)
olebrum

Groups: Member

Hello!

I am experiencing a strange problem with The Image uploader 4.7 ActiveX, IE 8, Vista. (No java version). The ActiveX is installed (appears under "installed programs", but not in "Tools>manage plugins" in IE8 ). However, the plugin does not load consistently. Instead a text saying "Aurigma Image uploader is necessary..." appears. After clearing the cache, and restarting the browser it does load on occasion. I have not found a consistent way of forcing the ActiveX to load by clearing the browser cache. The client claims to not have any firewall installed, other than the standard windows firewall.

The ActiveX is installed for all users.

In "tools>internet settings>security tab > user defined level" in IE 8, all activeX settings are set to very liberal including the settings described in the FAQ on this site.

This website with the Image uploader ActiveX 4.7 has been used for several years by many users and I have not seen the same problem before.

Any ideas? I have spent several hours on this already and could really use some help : )

Kind regards, Elias

Edit: The operatingsystem is Windows 7 and AVG is installed.

Edited by user Friday, November 5, 2010 1:21:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 5, 2010 1:32:25 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Elias,

Thanks for the description of the problem.

Could you provide me with a link to your site (login/password if necessary) where you experience this problem? I need to test it.
If you do not want to post this data, you will be able to submit new support ticket.

Looking forward to reply from you.

Edited by user Friday, November 5, 2010 1:33:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
olebrum  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 2:29:11 AM(UTC)
olebrum

Hello again,

sorry for the late reply.

I'd rather submit a support ticket, since the website is protected with username/password.