Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
daveg  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 12:06:22 AM(UTC)
daveg

Groups: Member

Hey everyone,

I just upgraded to ImageUploader 6 and installed it so it was all working no problems. I was however receiving the digital signature has expired message which was obviously due to the signature expiring at the end of August. I downloaded the new 6.5 files with the updated certificate information and completely replaced the ImageUploadedPHP directory (i am using the php library). It all works fine in IE , however for the Java version i now get a:

The application's digital signature cannot be verified. Do you want to run the application?

Name: com.aurigma.imageuploader.ImageUploader

Under more info it says The digital signature was generated with an untrusted certificate.

I cannot work out why it is doing this as all of the files are up to date, i would be extremely grateful if someone could explain why this is happening and what i should do to fix it?

Thanks very much for your help,

Dave

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 8:18:57 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Dave,

Thanks for contacting us.

This is a known problem after certificate updating. We are trying to resolve it in timely manner contacting our certificate authority. This warning message will pop up if version number of Java update is before 1.6.0.19.

Please update your Java version to the last one (1.6.0.21). Sorry for inconvenience.

If you have any additional questions or problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

daveg  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 7:24:53 PM(UTC)
daveg

Thanks for getting back to me, i will leave my java version as it is as i want to be able to see when this is fixed. It is not a problem for me (as i know it's safe), it is however a worry for our users as it now means that anyone using the java version with java 1.6.0.19 or lower will get this warning and this may well put people off. Do you have any idea of how long it might be before this is rectified?

Thanks very much,

Dave Watkins

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 13, 2010 8:04:39 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Dave,

We understand it is a big problem for all our clients who use our software. We are working under this problem with our certificate authority now. Unfortunately, I am not able to say you when it will be fixed. I will keep you posted and let you know as soon as it will be resolved.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

myndp2510  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 14, 2010 9:56:08 PM(UTC)
myndp2510

We have received a flood of customer complaints regarding this digital signature error from Aurigma. Our platform and thousands of advertisers rely heavily on your Image Uploader. We need a definitive timeline as to the resolve for this error.

Warning - Security Error Aurigma ImageUploader

The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?

Name: com.aurigma.imagueuploader.ImageUploader

Publisher: Aurigma, Inc.

Aurigma Inc. (Thawte Code Signing CA)

Certificate Validity:

[From: Thu Aug 14 06:43:21 EDT 2008,

To: Fri Aug 27 14:07:57 EDT 2010]

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:04:01 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Dave,

As far as I understand your users get the warning message: “The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?”.

Please see on dates which you gave me in your previous post:

Certificate Validity:

[From: Thu Aug 14 06:43:21 EDT 2008,

To: Fri Aug 27 14:07:57 EDT 2010]

It seems that Java applets with old certificate were stored in the cache.

Therefore, new Java applet is not able to run. There are two ways to resolve this problem.

The first one is disabling Java applet caching feature. To implement it you need to set

javaAppletCached property to false:

Code:
iu.javaAppletCached = false;

Another way is to ask your clients to clear Java cache on their machines following these steps:

1. Open Java Plug-in Control Panel. Depending on the platform, it can be found in different locations:

- Windows: Control Panel -> Java Plug-in

- Macintosh: Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java1.x Plug-in Settings

- Linux: Preferences -> Java

2. Click the General tab and open Settings.

3. Click Delete files to clear all cached applets.

Also, you can find detailed information on our forum.

As for another problem – warning message before load of page with Image Uploader :” The application's digital signature cannot be verified. Do you want to run the application?”

This problem occurs if version number of Java update is before 1.6.0.19 (as I have already written).

Our engineers are working under this problem with our certificate authority thawte.com. We will try to resolve the problem by the end of the next week.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:05:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

daveg  
#7 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 8:47:04 AM(UTC)
daveg

Hi Dmitry,

I am still getting the digital signature cannot be verified error when using that version of Java, is there still no update on when this will be fixed as the last post about this was nearly 2 months ago and you said you were going to try and resolve the issue by the end of the following week?

Thanks very much,

Dave

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:39:57 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Dave,

As I wrote in my previous post, the message “The application's digital signature has an error. Do you want to run the application?” means that you still use Image Uploader signed by old certificate. Please clarify whether you updated Image Uploader resigned by new certificate. It is described in the PRB: Certificate update article.

If you did it, so you experience this problem because old Java applet was cached (if javaAppletCached is set to true). There are two ways to resolve this problem.

The first one is disabling Java applet caching feature. To implement it you need to set javaAppletCached property to false:

Code:
iu.javaAppletCached = false;

Another way is to ask your clients to clear Java cache on their machines following these steps:

1. Open Java Plug-in Control Panel. Depending on the platform, it can be found in different locations:

- Windows: Control Panel -> Java Plug-in

- Macintosh: Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java1.x Plug-in Settings

- Linux: Preferences -> Java

2. Click the General tab and open Settings.

3. Click Delete files to clear all cached applets.
Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

daveg  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 2:30:26 AM(UTC)
daveg

Hi Dmitry,

It is myndp2510 that is having "the digital signature has an error" message, i am getting the ”The application's digital signature cannot be verified. Do you want to run the application?” message, about which you said:

As for another problem – warning message before load of page with Image Uploader :” The application's digital signature cannot be verified. Do you want to run the application?”

This problem occurs if version number of Java update is before 1.6.0.19 (as I have already written).

Our engineers are working under this problem with our certificate authority thawte.com. We will try to resolve the problem by the end of the next week.

Do you have any idea when this will be rectified?

Thanks,

Dave

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:03:38 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Dave,

Unfortunately, I am not able to answer you when it will be fixed exactly. We have sent issue report to thawte.com technical support. However, we have not got the response yet. We are keeping on to wait it.

As for your problem you still get. If you updated version of Java, and clear the Java cache as I described in my previous post, you should not get this error message any more.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

daveg  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:06:28 AM(UTC)
daveg

Thanks for your reply, i am not worried about me seeing the error i am worried about my users getting it and then not using the uploader as they are worried it's insecure. If you could let us know as soon as you know the situation with this it would be much appreciated as we just upgraded to the newest version to solve quality problems and now we have another, arguably worse problem to deal with.

Thanks,

Dave

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 9, 2010 3:19:17 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Dave,

If you set javaAppletCached property to false value, and your users updated the version of Java, you should not be worried. It should be all right on the client side. We have tested Image Uplaoder with new certificate using different versions of Java in our test lab. And tests have shown that there are no unsecured messages with new Java updates (from 1.6.0.19).

Quote:
and now we have another, arguably worse problem to deal with.

Could you please explain what you mean by it?

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

serkomen  
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:23:45 AM(UTC)
serkomen

thanks information :)