Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dakoe  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:06:53 PM(UTC)
Dakoe

Groups: Member

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations on what to combine with the photo kiosk software in order to make it a self serve kiosk setup. I would like my customers to be able to print their photos right from the system after placing their order. Thank you for any suggestions or ideas any one would have, this is pretty much the only way the photo kiosk software would be useful to us.
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:30:03 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Thanks for taking interest in our software.

We are working on new version of the software which are mentioned to be releases in the nearest future. It will support printing of orders on printers connected to kiosk machines.

How do you see payment process in your solution? Will you have a cashier? I am asking about it because it is not clear for us how to organize this process. In the nearest future we have no plans to add support of cash receivers or bank card readers because of variaty of hardware and lack of standards.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

Dakoe  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 7:27:31 AM(UTC)
Dakoe

Groups: Member

That sounds excellent.

Currently we have one self serve kiosk with direct printing and the customer after they have made their selection brings up a print out to a clerk and pays for the prints. after that they receive a password so they can print them out. We don't really like the process all that much because the software doesn't generate a new password each time, and it can all be cumbersome, specially when a customer forgets the password going back to the kiosk.

What I know I would prefer would be having an access card that could be given to the customer to swipe at the kiosk to allow printing after they have paid. So setup the prints, pay for them at the clerk and get an access card, swipe card, and prints come out.

Another thing we have looked at was having a self serve printer at the clerks desk so when the customers where finished they would hit print and the prints would print out at the clerks desk right away with receipt information on the screen. that way the customer could just walk up to the clerk and get their prints. we have been thinking that without instant payment at the koisk that this would be the easiest way to do it.

On the bank card reader front. Would you be able to make store gift cards or maybe even specific kiosk self pay print cards an option? The hardware would just need to be a standard mag card reader. Not sure on the software side what would need to be done. I think we (and other stores) would be highly interested in a kiosk self pay print card. All the information for the account balances / etc could be stored on the kiosks and the clerks computer and would eliminate a lot of steps for every one.

Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:05:24 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Dakoe,

Thanks for your detailed explanation. See my notes below.

Dakoe wrote:
Currently we have one self serve kiosk with direct printing and the customer after they have made their selection brings up a print out to a clerk and pays for the prints. after that they receive a password so they can print them out.

Usually it works in slight different way. As soon as a client pays for photo prints, clerk prints a receipt with bar code. The client returns to the kiosk, reads the bar code using a bar code reader attached to the kiosk and the kiosk releases printing process.

Dakoe wrote:
Another thing we have looked at was having a self serve printer at the clerks desk so when the customers where finished they would hit print and the prints would print out at the clerks desk right away with receipt information on the screen. that way the customer could just walk up to the clerk and get their prints

That is the easiest way. You can implement this workflow with the current version of Photo Kiosk without any problem.

Dakoe wrote:
Would you be able to make store gift cards or maybe even specific kiosk self pay print cards an option? The hardware would just need to be a standard mag card reader.

You mean every customer has a card issued by the photo print company. The card is something like prepaid card, clients can recharge the card with money using a clerk. The card is used in kiosks to pay for prints. Correct?

This approach is hard to implement because kiosks should be integrated with some existing system used by photo print company to handle payments through cards.

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!