Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dmitry  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:56:42 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
This topic is for posting any ideas how to extend functionality of the Photo Order plug-in.

Edited by user Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:03:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Moby_HH  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:56:12 PM(UTC)
Moby_HH

Groups: Member

A Manual!

I really like the uploader for virtuemart and think u did really good work on that, but to test it first of all i would higly appreciate to have some kind of manual.
I run into multiple issues in installing the test versions, e.g. images can not be saved due to changed attribute names (size, paper,..), the question how to localize, etc.

I know most of the questions have been answered somewhere in the forum, but some solutions mentioned in the forum refer to older versions and are not applicable anymore, and you have to crawl through multiple posts to find the relevant answers.

Thus a brief, short manual OR a reworked FAQ list would really help.#

Fist Input for FAQ:
1. Is there an easy way for localization?
2. I receive the error message that the order could not be copied. I think it is due to the fact that I changed the attribute names in the product defintion (as the uploader might use these names as a parameter for folder name). What do I have to do?
3. How do i integrate the quality meter (ckeck of resolution in realtion to print size)?
Moby_HH  
#3 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 6:36:33 PM(UTC)
Moby_HH

Feature request:

- Quality Meter Integration
- Order Manager (client) with automated FTP download of orders AND/OR eMail to operator with download-link to a ZIP-Archive for each order (our operators are not very familiar with www and may have trouble to download the according files)
- Auto-clean up / deletion of upload/order files after x days (should be easy)
- Integration with Gallery and/or a common interface
Nikon  
#4 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:54:45 PM(UTC)
Nikon

Quote:
Quality Meter Integration

This is already implented in the Image uploader pro if you buy that version you can get quality meter.

use this link for more information http://www.aurigma.com/Products/ImageUploaderPro/

I think the CMS plugin needs different modules for different needs. The photo bussines is not just images any more.
Like Aurigmas Photo Park but based on the Joomla / Virtuemart.

Maybe the new Photo Uploader Flash should be implented, and then maybe flash modules could be built around Joomla / Virtuemart like one for photo gifts - T-shirt, canvas, photo mugs and then you can buy the modules you want to use.

And that the customer directly can see how their picture is on a mug or T-shirt.

Edited by user Sunday, September 26, 2010 8:56:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

taravasya  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 3:58:44 AM(UTC)
taravasya

1) Make it so, that would by default have been selected first (or selected in options) attributes of size and type of paper.
2)Сheck-box, to select the print with white border.
3) I'd like that would be on a par with full installation plug-in, would be able to update it(of course if it is possible), that would not lose previouse settings
Thank you Angel
angela.salvati  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 11:47:13 PM(UTC)
angela.salvati

Quote:
3) Mi piacerebbe che sarebbe alla pari con il pieno di installazione plug-in, sarebbe in grado di aggiornarlo (ovviamente se è possibile), che non avrebbe perso le impostazioni previouse

or an update notice.

Insert Title of the product ... ..... and if customers do not like to feel unsafe to make orders
Albertvdmeulen  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 5:16:17 PM(UTC)
Albertvdmeulen

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
1.) Bulk prices.

i.e. we have an quality print with different sizes and when someone photos above an quantity we want to give an extra discount.
now it's only possible to give the same price for i.e. 1x 10x15 and 100x 10x15.

UserPostedImage

2.) different ordercosts per product

a 10x15 print has i.e. 1.50 ordercosts we want a t-shirt to have i.e. 2.50 ordercosts

grt,

Rob

Moby_HH  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 1, 2010 6:48:14 AM(UTC)
Moby_HH

- somehow bulk upload oprtunities (+60 pics) / maybe some kind of offline client?
Moby_HH  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:06:56 PM(UTC)
Moby_HH

Getting mor experienced with the plugin and thanks to NIKONs post,i found that 2-3 critical features are realized in the pro version already, but are not avaiable in the VM-plugin.
Very critcal are and desireble for a photo order plugin are:

- quality meter
- image resize before upload

Maybe we may collect more here.

Supporting arguments:
I understand the licensing / pricing model behind it, but wounder, whether a different pricing/licensing model is possible and more appropriate: Instead of limiting functionality / features int the "less expensive" order plugin, a volume based licensing model (limited number of photo uploads per month) could make more sense.

Reason why:
The plugin-pricing and the fact, that vm is a free but not highly professional shopping solution, make it attractive especially for small shops. Larger stores or photo labs probably will realize online photo ordering outside of VM with a tailored solution.
But small shops probably can only compete with larger labs if they offer the same convenience (upload speed) and quality (quality check - quality meter).

Currently, I have an affordable plugin, which unfortunately is missing critical features and that thus will probably not produce high demand by my customers. On the other hand, the pro version is to highly priced and economically unviable for a small shop. Speaking in extremes: I have the choice between a cheap solution, that the customer will not use, vs a soltion the customer may use, but that is unaffordable for me.

It would be good to have an affordable solution, that may be limited in order volume, but is offering all critcal features.
zamba  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 4:20:39 AM(UTC)
zamba

Like the user above said it's pitty that quality meter isn't standard in the virtuemart plugin.
Why on earth would i buy "Photo Order Plugin for VirtueMart" if i can get the same functionality for free (Bixie VirtueUpload)?
Without a quality meter, your company's plugin has no added value compared to the other free plugin i mentioned.

This is why I won't buy "Photo Order Plugin for VirtueMart". For $1300 (price of pro) plus €150 (price of virtuemart plugin) I'm hiring a local scripter to write the missing code in the Bixie VirtueUpload plugin. And I have plenty of money saved.

Ok it's easy to drag and drop photo's, but the user is confronted with a window asking to access his computer. Most users think its a threat. As the plugin only offers upload, i can't see why this drag and drop is necessary. The way the free plugin works is more userfriendly. But this is a personal opinion.
Nikon  
#11 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 3:19:02 AM(UTC)
Nikon

I think you missed the whole point with the virtuemart plugin. The aurigma team have done a great job with the plugin to get it work with noritsu minilab.

This plugin is dpof compatible and work as i said before with different photolab.

So for us running photobusiness this plugin is worth the money.
Dmitry  
#12 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 2:08:44 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Hello,

zamba wrote:
Why on earth would i buy "Photo Order Plugin for VirtueMart" if i can get the same functionality for free (Bixie VirtueUpload)?

Our plug-in is mentioned as “photo order” solution, not as “just uploader”. In addition to upload functionality, the control has user interface optimized for photo ordering and the logic allowing helping administrators to fulfill orders (sorting photos to subfolders by format and paper type, DPOF support).
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

zamba  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:11:30 AM(UTC)
zamba

Ok I understand that its more than an uploader, but virtuemart in combination with the other plugin is just as good. But like you told me one of its main feature is its organising capabilities and now i can see its benefits.
Albertvdmeulen  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 1, 2010 8:23:45 AM(UTC)
Albertvdmeulen

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What we would like is:

- A sound if the upload is completed.
i.e. at this moment when a client uploads a lot of photos it takes a while and mostly the customers will continue to do something else (open a different screen), they come back after several minutes/hours and then the cart is empty because the session has ended. When the users hears a 'ploink' when the upload is finished the will react immediately.

- Duplicate Photos for multiple items. At this moment we tell them to upload the same photo twice for different sizes. I would be easier to duplicate the photo in the upload screen to save upload time.

regards,

Rob
Dmitry  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 2, 2010 1:31:10 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Thanks, Rob,

I am putting this to the plug-in wishlist.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov