Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
badmrfrosty  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2006 9:58:27 AM(UTC)
badmrfrosty

Groups: Member

I have emailed support and they usually only respond to about 1 out of 3 emails. I still have not gotten a responce to this email.

Why is the response from [email removed] contradicting what is in the FAQ on the site?

----------------------------EMAIL- No Response from Aurigma------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 7:51 AM

To: 'Julia Karpova'

Subject: RE: Development servers CRM:00130835

Julia:

This is listed in you FAQ and I purchased it with this consideration. I have other people testing our product and need the ability to have more than one person testing at a time.

http://www.aurigma.com/P...er/FAQ.aspx#LicensingDev

Q: Do I need to purchase licenses for my development/staging servers?

A: You need to purchase licenses only for production servers. Please contact us at [email removed] to request license keys for development/staging servers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:02 AM

To: john

Subject: Development servers CRM:00130835

Hello John,

Regarding to you request for development license keys I am afraid this is not the case. We can provide you with license keys for domain name or IP address. Also you can use localhost - Image Uploader works with it by default.

If you are ready with the domain name, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Julia Karpova

Aurigma Inc.

Web Site: http://www.aurigma.com

Email: *@aurigma.com

------------------- Original Message -------------------

Sent: 11/15/2006

To: Incoming

Subject: Development servers

I have purchased image uploader () ..

My trial license recently expired and I still need it to work for my development servers. It would be fine if it only worked on my local network 192.168.1.xxx. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks,

John

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:27:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 28, 2006 12:56:48 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
John,

We do not mind to provide you with a development license. But it is not possible to issue a license keys which will work with all IP addresses from 192.168.1.xxx subnet. This is a technical limitation.

We can make a development license key for some specific IP address. If you send a specific IP address to Julia, she will generate a license key.

P.S. I guess there is a misunderstanding how license keys work. License key is generated for the IP or DNS address of the machine files are uploaded to, not for IPs of the end users. So if you "need the ability to have more than one person testing at a time" there is no need to have a license which will work with all IP addresses of your subnet (unless you want all people to deploy your web application on their local hosts, but I think this is not your case).

badmrfrosty  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 4:56:21 AM(UTC)
badmrfrosty

Groups: Member

Ok I guess this was a misunderstanding. I was assuming she was saying you don't provide development Keys only keys for your actually IP address or Domain.

It doesn't have to be on the local subnet. It worked great before until the trial ran out. I just need development keys and didn't want to have to purchase them.

So I'm assuming I can no longer use the Uploader by way of local Subnet.

I must have my development server outside my local network? Correct?

Andrew  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:13:06 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> It doesn't have to be on the local subnet. It worked great before until the trial ran out. I just need development keys and didn't want to have to purchase them.

BTW, if it is fine for you to work with a trial version, you can prolong evaluation period as described in the knowledge base article HOWTO: Prolong Image Uploader evaluation period.

> So I'm assuming I can no longer use the Uploader by way of local Subnet.

> I must have my development server outside my local network? Correct?

There is no difference where you will have your development server. The only requirement - it should have fixed IP address or DNS name or at least NetBIOS name.

For example:

BUT we cannot give a license key which will work for ALL servers with IP addresses that belong to 192.168.1.xx at the same time.

Hopefully I was able to clarify this. If not, please submit case.

Edited by user Thursday, May 22, 2008 9:28:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified