Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

6 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreym  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 12:58:18 AM(UTC)
andreym

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Since the first version of the Photoorder component for Virtuemart and Joomla was released, we have received a number of feedbacks. Today, we are glad to introduce a new version of Photoorder.

There are a lot of changes and improvements in this release. As for appearance, it looks more lightweight and simple now.

UserPostedImage

Here is a list of the most noticeable improvements:

- Integration with Virtuemart products catalog. It saves you the trouble of creating additional pages for printed products or adding separate links to the menu. Now you can navigate to catalog and select printed products from here. Every product can use Photoorder component as well. To do it, just specify photo-flypage.tpl in the Category Flypage option:

UserPostedImage

- Displaying thumbnails for uploaded files. It requires replacing of some Virtuemart files, but we think it is worth it. However, the component installer backups all the replaced files and revert them back after uninstallation. Thumbnails are generated by Image Uploader and uploaded along with original photos, and thus no GD Library or ImageMagic is required.

UserPostedImage

- Automatic update of the mini cart module. Mini cart (mod_virtuemart_cart) is a standard Virtuemart module which represents a cart in the sidebar area. In the previous version you was needed to refresh the page to update the cart after upload, but now it updates automatically.

- Drag and Drop support! Drag and drop is the last trends in web design, for example, GMail introduces drag and drop for email attachments not long ago. But Image Uploader supports drag and drop for the years! So we decide to change three pane look to one pane. However, Add photos... button still exists and allows adding files through the open file dialog.

UserPostedImage

- Sorting of ordered images. Photoorder creates a folder for each order and moves all images from upload directory into this folder when a customer confirms the order. This feature requires modifications of Virtuemart files too. However, as it was mentioned above, all the original files are backed up and will be automatically restored when you delete Photoorder component. Photos are uploaded in the components/com_photoorder/upload/ folder and when order is created all photos assigned to the order will be moved into components/com_photoorder/orders/{order_id}/ folder.

There is more to come. I didn't tell about validation if customer specifies print format for all selected photos, or using ajax popups instead of standard javascript alerts, or numeric up and down buttons for quantity field.

Installation.
Joomla has a great installation system, which makes installation as easy as couple mouse clicks.
Step 1: Install Joomla.
Step 2: Install Virtuemart.
Step 3: Install PhotoOrder.

That's all :) For more details about installing components in Joomla, read this article first. If it happens that there is something goes wrong and you got an error during component installation don't be shy to post about your problems on this forum.

Configuration.
Navigate to the Components -> Photo Order -> Preferences to open the options window. There are not many options here. The most important is License Key. You need to specify a valid license key for Image Uploader. Free trial can be requested from our web site or with a special tool which is installed with Image Uploader 6 SDK.

The advanced Image Uploader options are located in the administrator/components/com_photoorder/templates/imageuploader.tpl.php file. Image Uploader is very configurable and has more over 100 parameters. It will be crazy if we put all of them in the configuration window :)

Using.
After the installation completes, you see a new category Photos_sample with three sample products: photo, poster, schildersdoek. This is just an example and you can remove them. There are two points you need to know when adding new categories and products. If you want them to be able to use Photoorder component:
- Set flypage to photo-flypage.tpl for product category;
- Add Photo attribute to the product attributes.
This is very important thing! Do not forget it when adding photo products.

That's all. Download and try it. Post any questions or suggestions here.
Thanks for reading!

Last update: 2010-05-31

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download Photo Order Plugin for VirtueMart
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by moderator Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:02:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

andreym attached the following image(s):
product_view.png
category_flypage.png
shopping_cart.png
drag_and_drop.png
Nikon  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 2:31:20 AM(UTC)
Nikon

Applause Wow looks great. And the new dpof module. Everything is really great.

I have one problem the module never installe the flypage. Where is the flypages installed?

I fixed it. If you have another theme than the original theme installed you need to copy the flypage to the new theme.

Edited by user Friday, May 28, 2010 3:10:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

andreym  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 3:16:10 AM(UTC)
andreym

Hello Nikon!
Thanks for quick response.

This is the code from install.photoorder.php script which executed when you install the component:
Code:

// Copy photo-flypage.tpl.php
$photo_flypage = 'components'.DS.'com_virtuemart'.DS.'themes'.DS.'default'.DS.'templates'.DS.'product_details'.DS.'photo-flypage.tpl.php';
$destination = JPATH_ROOT.DS.$photo_flypage;
$source = JPATH_ROOT.DS.'administrator'.DS.'components'.DS.'com_photoorder'.DS.'vm'.DS.$photo_flypage;
copy($source, $destination);

Can you, please, check if there is the photo-flypage.tpl.php file appears in the \components\com_virtuemart\themes\default\templates\product_details folder?
andreym  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 3:28:37 AM(UTC)
andreym

Quote:
I fixed it. If you have another theme than the original theme installed you need to copy the flypage to the new theme.

Great! But I have not tried it with custom theme. And in this case you need manually change basket templates basket_b2c.html.php and ro_basket_b2c.html.php to be able view thumbnails in the cart. In the standard template I change this line:
Code:
<td><?php echo $product['product_name'] . $product['product_attributes'] ?></td>

to that:
Code:
<td><?php echo $product['product_image'] . $product['product_name']. $product['product_attributes'] ?></td>

And I believe something similar should be in your custom theme.
Nikon  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 3:38:46 AM(UTC)
Nikon

Yes the flypage is in the defualt folder. But i use another theme so i had to move the flypage to my themes default folder. But now i get this

Warning: PhotoOrder::include(/var/www/homepagefolder/administrator./components/com_photoorder/templates/imageuploader.tpl.php) [function.PhotoOrder-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/homepagefolder/administrator/components/com_photoorder/classes/PhotoOrder.php on line 188

Warning: PhotoOrder::include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/var/www/homepagefolder/administrator./components/com_photoorder/templates/imageuploader.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/homepagefolder/administrator/components/com_photoorder/classes/PhotoOrder.php on line 188
andreym  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 4:06:30 AM(UTC)
andreym

Quote:
Warning: PhotoOrder::include(/var/www/homepagefolder/administrator./components/com_photoorder/templates/imageuploader.tpl.php) [function.PhotoOrder-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/homepagefolder/administrator/components/com_photoorder/classes/PhotoOrder.php on line 188

Sorry, there are a typos in the PhotoOrder.php in the 172 and 180 lines. It should be DS.'administrator'.DS (no need dot after administrator). I'll reupload archive in the morning. The strange thing it works fine on our test server with IIS 7 and PHP 5.2 Brick wall
Nikon  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 11:08:33 AM(UTC)
Nikon

I managed to get the whole thing going. Just deleted the dots.

One problem that come up when making the final order is this.

Warning: copy(/var/www/homepagefolder/components/com_photoorder/orders/0000024/ p8090185 - fs.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/homepagefolder/plugins/photoorder/dpof.php on line 83

Edited by user Friday, May 28, 2010 11:55:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

andreym  
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 30, 2010 9:41:22 PM(UTC)
andreym

Quote:

One problem that come up when making the final order is this.

Warning: copy(/var/www/homepagefolder/components/com_photoorder/orders/0000024/ p8090185 - fs.jpg) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/homepagefolder/plugins/photoorder/dpof.php on line 83

Fixed in the latest DPOF version. Photoorder archive is also updated. Fix for dot in file path and add some check for file operations.
Nikon  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 11:08:05 AM(UTC)
Nikon

Thanks it works very good. One question? where in the code are the dpof get the paper and size? i want to change paper and size to my language if possible.

andreym  
#10 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:21:08 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hi!

I add this options to the plugin settings. Check out the new version of dpof plugin.
andreym attached the following image(s):
dpof_settings.png
Nikon  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 3, 2010 11:46:23 PM(UTC)
Nikon

You are really the best coder out there. I dont know how we can thank you for all this?
Dmitry  
#12 Posted : Friday, June 4, 2010 11:11:04 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Thanks for sharing your ideas and helping with implementation.

It would be great if you add a link to Aurigma on your site.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
taravasya  
#13 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 6:15:14 PM(UTC)
taravasya

Hello!
First of all sorry for my english/ I am from Ukraine and use english rarely.
I would like to know whether, and if possible where and with whom i can communicate in russian?

My problem is very simple, and i am surprised that so far no one raised this issue:
If one order is present and 4x6 and 5x7, then after placing the order, how to understand what the photo is size print? After all, the saved order all photos are together without any distinctive elements. And find out what format ordered i can in the admin panel of VirtueMart only. This is not very convenient. And there is still glossy, mat, quantity... Can I do something like that would be, while maintaining the order, after his ID to create a subfolders, corresponding to the format and type of paper? And another problem with the quantitative. Usually it is solved by adding a suffix and a dash before the name of the file. Is it possible to add these options? If yes, please be so kind tell my where?

Edited by user Friday, July 2, 2010 6:19:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Andrew  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 7:20:44 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
We can communicate in Russian, but not on this forum. :-) Just drop us an email at info @ aurigma.com and refer this tread.

As for your question, currently you can get all order details in VirtueMart admin. I am not a guru in VirtueMart (and it is a weekend, so I cannot ask other guys who are :-) ), but probably there is some plugin that can export order details from VirtueMart to a file or something like this.

Another way, you can try to use DPOF feature. It saves order details in XML format, and it is possible to configure different channels (identified with paper type and print format). Each channel is stored in a separate subfolder.

As for coding the order details in the file name and folder structure, I think it is pretty interesting idea. We could implement it in the similar way as we do in our Photo Kiosk app. I will discuss it with the guys who are responsible for this plugin and probably we will add it in further versions.

Hope this helps.
newvisionjeff  
#15 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 11:07:37 AM(UTC)
newvisionjeff

Can this be made to work for Magento Ecommerce? Thanks

Jeff

www.modebook.com
Jeff MacDougall
New Vision Color Lab
www.newvisioncolorlab.com
www.modebook.com
Dmitry  
#16 Posted : Thursday, July 8, 2010 2:21:46 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Thanks for the idea. We will take a look at it.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Nikon  
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 6:23:08 PM(UTC)
Nikon

Hello!

The photouploader works great.

I want to translate some part of the photouploader, how can we do this?

I know Andreym helped me once with the translation.

But now with the new joomla plugin it needs more translation.

Are there any documents how to translate some part of the photouploader?

andreym  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:51:29 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hi Nikon!

Thanks! Glad you like it. We really appreciate your feedback.

I've made some changes in the component (the archive attached to this post). The is three steps how you can localize it:

1. After installation you will find en-GB.com_aurigmaphotoorder.ini file in the /joomla_root/language/en-GB/ directory, and en-GB.com_aurigmaphotoorder.ini and en-GB.com_aurigmaphotoorder.menu.ini files in the /joomla_root/administrator/language/en-GB directory. Copy them into the directories with other joomla localization files for your language (/joomla_root/language/ru-RU/ and /joomla_root/administrator/language/ru-RU for example) and change language prefix from en-GB to your language.

2. To translate Image Uploader control we take current joomla language and use appropriate localization file from /joomla_root/components/com_aurigmaphotoorder/assets directory. For example the joomla language is zn-CN, then we check if file iuembed.Localization_zn-cn.js exists. If it is, then we use it. Otherwise we check if iuembed.Localization_zn.js exists. If it is, then we use it, otherwise we does not localize Image Uploader.

3. And the last step in localization is to localize DropFileHere label. We use an image file for this label. The default image is the /joomla_root/components/com_aurigmaphotoorder/assets/dropfileshere.png file. To translate it to other language you need to put dropfileshere_{language}.png in the /joomla_root/components/com_aurigmaphotoorder/assets directory. For example, to translate it to zn-CN we need to put dropfileshere_zn-cn.png (file name in lower case).

Try it and reply how it works for you. Thanks.

UPDATE 2010-07-15: There was a bug with installation package I've posted yesterday. If you get an error like JInstaller::install: Failed to copy file: /home/public_html/tmp/install_4c3b4eb3b5d5c/Aurigma Photo Order/admin/classes/index.html to /home/public_html/administrator/components/com_aurigmaphotoorder/classes/index.html during installation, you need to download the new component package. The problem was with aurigmaphotoorder.xml where the path to files was with backslashes instead of slashes. Sorry for inconvenience.

Edited by user Friday, August 6, 2010 3:24:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nikon  
#19 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:44:40 AM(UTC)
Nikon

Hello

Can i upgrade to the new photoorder component without overwriting any old settings? our site is online for real now.

What do you think about to add something to the attribute list ? my thougt was white border to the property list?some people wants a white border around their pictures. Its only a different printchannel. but then the dpof module need to know what white border is, and also add the translation in backend.

andreym  
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:28:41 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hi!

Quote:
Can i upgrade to the new photoorder component without overwriting any old settings? our site is online for real now.

Unfortunately you can not. There are a lot changes from the 1.x version. Besides, we include DPOF functionality into photo order core, so you don't need to install them separately. Moreover, we've change the plugin name. It was the requirement to put it into Joomla Extensions catalog. And now we are here Applause

Quote:
What do you think about to add something to the attribute list ?

No problem! Try the attached archive. I've changed the code and channels.xml. But I'm not sure should we change something in the AUTPRINT.MRK file? Could you please reply how this version works for you?

Edited by user Friday, August 6, 2010 3:24:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified