Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tarak  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:19:53 PM(UTC)
Tarak

Groups: Member

Hi,

You can extract EXIF and IPTC data with the Image Uploader but is there a way you can extract the info shown when you right click a file and go to Properties and to the Summary tab? There are fields such as Title, Subject and Author there and I was wondering if I can upload these values along with the images.

Regards,
T
Tamila  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:31:45 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Tarak,

Yes, it is possible. You need to use UploadThumbnail1CopyExif / UploadThumbnail1CopyIptc properties.
Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
Tarak  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 16, 2010 11:47:02 PM(UTC)
Tarak

Hi Tamila and thanks for your reply. I had tried to use ExtractIptc in fact but that will get you the IPTC data. I'm trying to get the information that shows in the Summary tab when you right click an image and go to Properties -> Summary -> Description section which has different fields and are saved outside of a file in NTFS filesystems. I think those fields are mainly used in office files and are not part of an image's metadata standard so it's not so big a problem if I can't get that info anyways. It's simply a nice-to-have feature if it does exist. I'm pretty happy to extract the IPTC data instead.

Tarak
Tamila  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:56:09 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,
Quote:
I'm trying to get the information that shows in the Summary tab when you right click an image and go to Properties -> Summary -> Description section which has different fields and are saved outside of a file in NTFS file systems.

Unfortunately this information could not be extracted using Image Uploader properties. Probably this functionality will be available in future versions of our product.
Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!