Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dane  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:52:10 PM(UTC)
dane

Groups: Member

Version: 6.5.1.0

I'm in the process of customizing the IU folder pane, and removed the border using
Code:
iu.addParam("FolderPaneBorderStyle", "None");
but the bottom border is not removed.

Furthermore, I want to change the text color for file names in the folder pane, but they are not being changed. I've tried all of these to no avail:
Code:

iu.addParam("DisplayNameActiveUnselectedTextColor", "#ffb566");
iu.addParam("DisplayNameInactiveUnselectedTextColor", "#ffb566");
iu.addParam("DisplayNameActiveSelectedTextColor", "#ffb566");

The file names just remain the default color of black.

Here's an image to illustrate both these problems:

UserPostedImage

How can I remove the bottom border of the folder pane and change the file name text color?

Edited by user Monday, February 15, 2010 12:54:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tamila  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 7:36:20 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Dane,

We reproduced your problem with text color of file names. Unfortunately it is a bug and our developers will fix it in future releases.

However I cannot reproduced the problem with border style. What OS, browser and JRE (Java Runtime Environment) versions do you use?
Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
dane  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:27:12 AM(UTC)
dane

I'm new to the software. How do bug fixes like this work? Will I get the bug fix update for free, or will I need to pay a percentage of the price of my license to get it? How long before the team can roll out a fix? You can see that the site color scheme is dark, and it's important for users to be able to read the file names.

Here are the stats:

Windows XP SP2

[latest versions]
Chrome: 4.0.249.89
Firefox: 3.6
Safari: 4.0.4
Flock 2.5.6
Opera 10.10 (The applet simply crashes, but I can still the border before--I'm filing a support case)

[latest version]
Java: version 6 update 18 (build 1.6.0_18-b07)

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:24:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

dane  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:33:58 AM(UTC)
dane

I played around with more of the customization options, and discovered that if I hide the buttons using
Code:
iu.addParam("ShowButtons", "false");

the bottom folder pane border disappears. It's not how I will be using IU, though, so despite it hiding the bottom border in this indirect way, I'll still need a fix. In the meantime as a temporary fix I'll be wrapping the uploader in a div with a hidden overflow and explicitly declare the height of it in CSS minus 1.
dane  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:18:23 AM(UTC)
dane

Code:

iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailActiveSelectionColor", "#ffffff");
iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailInactiveSelectionColor", "#000000");

These don't work either. I'm just going to assume that there are more customization parameters that are broken in this release, but I won't be testing them all, so I recommend you examine the whole set. I genuinely hope this does not take a long time to fix, because these are important customizations.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:03:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dmitry  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2010 7:37:41 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,
dane wrote:
I'm in the process of customizing the IU folder pane, and removed the border using

We just tried this property. It works in Image Uploader Java 6.5.1 without any problem. Just try to change values (supported values None, Fixed3D, FixedSingle) and you will see the difference.
dane wrote:
Furthermore, I want to change the text color for file names in the folder pane, but they are not being changed. I've tried all of these to no avail:
The file names just remain the default color of black.

I confirm this problem. The fix will be available in the next minor 6.5.x release. We will check the other parameters aimed to customize user interface also, so there should be no problem with them in the future.
dane wrote:
Will I get the bug fix update for free, or will I need to pay a percentage of the price of my license to get it? How long before the team can roll out a fix?

You will get the minor update for free. We are starting to prepare quick update for Image Uploader, it will be available in 4-6 business days.
dane wrote:
I played around with more of the customization options, and discovered that if I hide the buttons using
iu.addParam("ShowButtons", "false");
the bottom folder pane border disappears. It's not how I will be using IU, though, so despite it hiding the bottom border in this indirect way

It should work this way. Bottom panel disappears if you disable buttons. If you just need to change appearance of this buttons, you can do it another way. You just need to replace standard buttons with images. How to perform it you can find in the Customizing Buttons topic (search for “Replacing Standard Image Uploader Buttons with Images” section).
dane wrote:

iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailActiveSelectionColor", "#ffffff");
iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailInactiveSelectionColor", "#000000");
These don't work either.

I confirm, these properties do not work in Image Uploader Java. We will include fix for them to the next release too.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

dane  
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 1:07:06 PM(UTC)
dane

Quote:

Quote:

We just tried this property. It works in Image Uploader Java 6.5.1 without any problem. Just try to change values (supported values None, Fixed3D, FixedSingle) and you will see the difference.

Yeah--the values do change, but as you can tell from the image I embedded in this thread, specifying "None" does not effectively remove _every_ border from the folder pane. You can clearly see that the bottom border remains. Furthermore, to actually remove that bottom border, I should not have to write iu.addParam("ShowButtons", "false"). Hiding buttons should not fix the FolderPane bottom border problem which I've described and embedded a snapshot of.

Dmitry  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 6:24:16 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Okay, we catched this problem, it was a line at the bottom of folder pane. Actually it was not a border but it was feature of Java AWT responsible for drawing windows. We found how to work it around but still need to check it on non-Windows platforms. The fix will be included to the next minor release.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

dane  
#9 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:10:01 PM(UTC)
dane

Regarding the latest release of IU, 6.5.6.0 released on February 25, 2010.

This is now fixed (the bottom border no longer appears):
Code:

These still do not work:
Code:

iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailActiveSelectionColor", "#ffb566");
iu.addParam("PreviewThumbnailInactiveSelectionColor", "#ffb566");

The thumbnails' selection colors still remain unchangeable.

The files' names remain the default color of black as before; the only difference is that now when a thumbnail is selected, its name will change to the default color of white.

I tried multiple colors for each property and none of them worked--as both hexadecimal and human-readable color values.

Here's an image that reflects all this:

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:10:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tamila  
#10 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 2:18:58 AM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello Dane,

I suppose you have this problem because you did not use UseSystemColors property:
Code:
iu.addParam("UseSystemColors", "false");

By the way, I think you forgot to add the following property:
Code:
iu.addParam("DisplayNameInactiveSelectedTextColor", "#ffb566");

If you still have any difficulties please let us know.
Aurigma Support Team

dane  
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 4, 2010 4:22:59 PM(UTC)
dane

Quote:

I suppose you have this problem because you did not use UseSystemColors property:

Thank you, Tamila, that worked. That property should be written at the top of the entry in the manual with the photos of the uploader where all the sections in the images are named. Most of them work without the use of that property, so when one does not, it appears to be a malfunction.

I'm happy to be able to continue integrating the interface for my site.