Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WayneBrantley1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 6:29:51 AM(UTC)
WayneBrantley1

Groups: Member

Hopefully, this post will not be removed by moderators.

When you upgrade from prior versions, warning any additional development/staging keys are now $50 each!!

Also, you can no longer double-click a thumbnail to move it into the selected items. They say they are unable to put the feature back due to 'internal logic issues'. So, a double click to move the item (which was in prior versions) is too difficult to code?

Anyway, for me that makes it really less user friendly and unfortunately after many years as a satisfied customer, I think I have to leave.

Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 8:47:50 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Dear Wayne,

Our position is to be open to our customers. So if have any claims to our licensing policy, I do not mind to discuss it here.

Quote:
When you upgrade from prior versions, warning any additional development/staging keys are now $50 each!!

More correct would be to say "when you upgrade to Express license, any additional dev/QA keys are $50/license".

When we developed new licensing policy for version 6, we faced a challenge - to continue providing you with a high level of technical support, we would have to increase prices. But we did not want to loose our customers who do not have huge IT budgets, and therefore we decided to offer two license options:

1. For companies who need guarantied level of technical support, etc. They still get up to 2 free dev/QA keys.

2. For companies/individuals/startups who need functionality of the product but the budget is more important than all the extra support options (including the additional dev license keys).

The vast majority of Express license customers do not need any dev/QA license keys, so why they should pay for it? That's why we reduced the Express license price for $50 (comparing to the old Single Domain license price). I believe this is pretty fair.

Quote:
Also, you can no longer double-click a thumbnail to move it into the selected items. They say they are unable to put the feature back due to 'internal logic issues'. So, a double click to move the item (which was in prior versions) is too difficult to code?

It is not difficult to code, but it turned out to be confusing to some people to have different behavior for a single click and double click. That's why we decided to eliminate this ambiguousness. As far as I remeber we did it in version 5.5.

Quote:
Anyway, for me that makes it really less user friendly and unfortunately after many years as a satisfied customer, I think I have to leave.

It is sad to hear that this feature turned out to be crucial for you and your users. I am really sorry that you have to discontinue using the product because of it. But we are working on usability, and hopefully upcoming Flash version and Dual version 7 will be more user-friendly. Be sure to check it out after release.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions on this.