Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andreym  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 10:03:34 PM(UTC)
andreym

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi everyone!

In the previous post I described how to integrate Image Uploader into Virtuemart. In this post we will make the similar solution based on the Zen Cart. Zen Cart is the free, open source shopping cart software.

How it looks

On the screenshot below you can see zen cart product page with embedded Image Uploader control.

UserPostedImage

It has been achieved by adding new product type - Product - Photo. All products with that product type will be displayed with Image Uploader on the page and have the attribute which contains image file names. Also you can add other attributes to the product, like photo size or paper type. After you create your products, customers can upload their photos and order them like any other products.

We make small customization for the cart page to display thumbnails of uploaded photos.

UserPostedImage

Uploaded files are placed to the photo_files/unordered folder. After customer confirms the order photos move to the photo_files/ordered/order_id, where order_id is the id of the order.

How to install it

1. Download and install Zen Cart.
2. Download archive photoorder-1.0.zip, unzip it and copy all files from photoorder-1.0/files folder into the directory where you install Zen Cart.
3. Open Zen Cart Admin.
4. Go to Tools -> Install SQL Patches and apply photoorder-1.0/install.sql patch.
5. Go to Tools -> Template Selection and change template to the Photo Template.
6. Go to Tools -> Layout Boxes Controller and click Reset button.

Now we have installed photoorder module and can add some products. Open Catalog -> Categories/Products, select Product - Photo type click new product button. Type Photo in the Products Name field and 1000000 in the Products Quantity field. Save product. Go to Products Price Manager and set the price for the Photo product.

Also you can add attributes to the Photo product (Paper and Size for example), but it is not nessesary.
UserPostedImage

Now you can open the store and select the Photo product. It should looks like on the first screenshot in the post.

How it works

Image Uploader is a highly customizeable control. You can customize it for your needs in the includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_product_photo_info_display.php file. More about Image Uploader features you can read from the documentation.

Shopping cart customization is in the includes/templates/photo/templates/tpl_shopping_cart_default.php file.

The save file functionality placed in the includes/extra_cart_actions/photo_cart_actions.php file and move files after order confirmation function is in the includes/classes/observers/class.PhotoProduct.php.

Edited by moderator Sunday, September 4, 2011 10:04:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
photoorder-1.0.zip (2,261kb) downloaded 393 time(s).
andreym attached the following image(s):
main.jpg
cart.jpg
attributes.jpg
quidama  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2010 2:09:07 PM(UTC)
quidama

Hi - I'm fairly new and I'd like to use Aurigma basic image uploader with my Zen Cart store.

1. Do these integration instructions matter which version I buy (dual, activeX, or Java)?
2. I don't need my customers to do any manipulation of the photo; just upload it to me. Is there a different option that would be better for my use?
3. I'm confused about exactly which directories to copy the unzipped files into.

Admin
Includes
Photo_files

Do I place all three of these directly into my home directory?
Or for example, would I expand admin-includes-language-english-product_photo.php and copy that one file into my /admin/includes/language/english directory and so on for each file?

I'm so anxious to get this working on my site! Thanks so much for any help you can offer!
andreym  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:23:46 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hello!

1. No, this functionality can be achieved with any version of Image Uploader. If you choose Java or ActiveX version only you need to slightly change the configuration of Image Uploader, since by default it use dual. It is in the includes\templates\template_default\templates\tpl_product_photo_info_display.php file.

If you want to use Java version only replace this code
Code:
// For ActiveX control full path to CAB file (including file name) should be
// specified.
iu.activeXControlCodeBase = "<?php print DIR_WS_CATALOG .'includes/modules/pages/product_photo_info/ImageUploader6.cab'; ?>";

to this
Code:
iu.activeXControlEnabled = false;

And for ActiveX version only (ActiveX version is for IE browser only) replace this
Code:
// For Java applet only path to directory with JAR files should be specified
// (without file name).
iu.javaAppletJarFileName = "ImageUploader6.jar";
iu.javaAppletCodeBase = "<?php print DIR_WS_CATALOG .'includes/modules/pages/product_photo_info'; ?>";
iu.javaAppletCached = true;

to this
Code:
iu.javaAppletEnabled = false;

Also when you buy it and get the license keys you need to insert them instead of the trial ones. Find the line
Code:
iu.addParam("LicenseKey", "71060-4B10C-00000-0B8EE-82400;72060-4B10C-00000-007E1-0498D");
and replace this keys into yours.

2. I'm not sure that I understand your question correct, but if you asked about resize uploaded files then no, image uploader can upload resized file instead of original one, but in this configuration it is not implemented. The image uploader sends the original file without any modifications. However it uploads small thumbnail along with original file for displying it in the cart. But if you don't need this it can be disabled.

3. Well, I believe that if you copy admin directory into you Zen Cart directory, then file from admin/includes/language/english/product_photo.php will be in the YOURZENCARTDIRECTORY/admin/includes/language/english/product_photo.php. So just copy admin, includes, photo_files folders into your Zen Cart site directory.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:44:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

newvisionjeff  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:02:48 AM(UTC)
newvisionjeff

OK, I am about to get started on trying thisout. I have been searching for something like this for years ever since I first found this uploading system! BRAVO!!! Anyway, is there a way I can impliment this into one of my existing products?

(http://www.modebook.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4)

Does each user have their own uploading space created to go back and look at if they needed to?

Thanks

Jeff
Jeff MacDougall
New Vision Color Lab
www.newvisioncolorlab.com
www.modebook.com
andreym  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
andreym

Hello Jeff!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is the easy way to do it for your existing product. In current implementation product should use special template with the embedded Image Uploader control. And since the products from the site you mentioned, also use their own custom template it requires to merge it together somehow.

About the second question you asked, the answer is no. All images are uploaded into one folder and after customer make the order, the images related to the order are moved to the folder with the order id.
And after that, the manager can go to the admin area, open orders list, look the ID of the order and take the images from the according folder for further processing.
roby  
#6 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 3:01:49 AM(UTC)
roby

i installed the updates but have a little problem. When i go to the website i only see the Quantity and the upload button. Browse button just dissapears in 1 sec and no images are there either. What am i doing wrong?
Please advise.
YOu can view the website here:
http://www.dilaras.com
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#7 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:17:13 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Rob,

Thanks for the link.

YouR problem is reproduced in the Java-enabled browsers. I got the error in Java console:
Code:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.aurigma.imageuploader.ImageUploader.class

Please read detailed information on it in the ClassNotFoundException in plug-ins post.
Best regards,
Dmitry Obukhov
Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.
roby  
#8 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 1:27:29 AM(UTC)
roby

Followed what you told me , i even uploaded the .htaccess file. I do not have any Browse button .
Only thing i can see is " Quantity " and the Upload button. Images are marked X . When i do a qucik refresh i can see the " Please choose Photo " for a micro second. But still no browse button to upload it in the server.
Did i upload all the files wrong or do i need to CHMOD it . IF i need to CHMOD it what files and what do i do it at?
Please advise as this now giving me head ache (: .its been 4 days now.