Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsoini  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 3:45:59 AM(UTC)
dsoini

Groups: Member

I want to be able to upload folders. I have the client-side scripting set to allow folders. When I select a folder in the ImageUploader (using the basic demo php script) I can see all the images in the folder being prepared. I cannot seem to do anything with the uploaded folder of images. I cannot iterate them to write them to the server. I cannot even get the FileCount of the images. Does anyone have an example php script that shows handing folders of images?
Tamila  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2009 2:03:14 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

Unfortunately we do not have PHP sample. Anyway I recommend you to read the following article:

Uploading Folders

Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

dsoini  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:01:53 AM(UTC)
dsoini

I have read the article and applied what it says to do. It appears when I run my script that it is working to some degree. When I click the Send button, I can see the progress of each item in the folder being "prepared" (whatever that means).

But from within my upload script I can get no information at all about files, not even the FileCount of files when I upload a folder. So I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Tamila  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 7:42:53 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Quote:
I can see the progress of each item in the folder being "prepared" (whatever that means).

If you see Prepared status, it means that Image Uploader creates thumbnails at this moment.

Quote:
But from within my upload script I can get no information at all about files, not even the FileCount of files when I upload a folder. So I'm not sure where I'm going wrong.

Most likely you have errors in your upload code. Try to debug it. Please note: the code from article I sent you before is not the real code , it is just a pseudocode.

Aurigma Support Team

dsoini  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 7, 2009 11:27:24 PM(UTC)
dsoini

My upload code is just your upload code and it works just fine, but only for individual files. The pseudo code doesn't offer much help in how to iterate a folder of images and I can't find any methods to use in the UploadedFiles class. So just attempting to debug (by printing to a file all the $_POST fields being sent to the script), I tried to see if anything at all is being uploaded and from what I can tell, if I try to upload a folder, nothing is being uploaded. The $_POST variable is completely empty of any fields. Whatever is going wrong is happening before I can even debug anything.

All I really want is some place to start. Is there anything that the UploadedFiles class can read about a folder? Maybe an example even in something other than PHP?

Tamila  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 9:03:46 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Hello,

I recommend you to use ExtractFiles.php script which allows to dump POST request into txt file. You can download it here:

http://forums.aurigma.co...-for-Image-Uploader.aspx

If it will be empty, please submit us support case with your client-side and server-side code.

Aurigma Support Team