Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Muzahir  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 11:00:47 PM(UTC)
Muzahir

Groups: Member

Hello,

I have read many forum topics and have googled alot to find out some good solutions about my problems but couldn't find so much. The problem is that i am doing all this in php not javascript.

i want to perform some actions on media (images, audio, vedio) before uploading e.g changing names, changing thumbnail names, adding records in db, setting key according to different object paths, dont want to make it static like (uplode\$(filename)) .i meant that every time a file is uploaded his path (key) changes accordingly e.g muzahir/media/images/filename, muzahir/media/audio/filename, muzahir/media/video/filename. i want all this before uploading bcoz i have to fill the db via their changed names.

For this i want to use php but dont know how to implement that. Any help will be highly appriciated.

Regards,

Muzahir Ahmad

Alex Kon  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 5:12:01 PM(UTC)
Alex Kon

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hello,

I'm sorry, but I cannot clearly understand your task. You need to perform some actions on server side before actual POST request is received by server. But you also need file-specific info, like file names to do these actions? Or I got you wrong? Please, could you describe some simple use-case step by step, like:

1. user selects files and press upload button;

2. after that server code creates DB record with filename/filetype;

3. <...etc...>?

If you are not comfortable to publish this info on public forum - you may create support case.