Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sanjay  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 12:31:19 AM(UTC)
Sanjay

Groups: Member

How to get the uploaded file path with the file nameBoo hoo!
Sanjay  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 1:37:43 AM(UTC)
Sanjay

My querry is after uploading the file how can I get the full path with the file name like "C:\Test\Test.jpg"

I am using in this way

HttpPostedFile sourceFile = Request.Files["SourceFile_1"];

string fileName = Path.GetFileName(sourceFile.FileName) ;

here only I am getting the file name not the whole path

like "Test.jpg"

I want "C:\Test\Test.jpg"
Thanks in Advance
Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 8:32:04 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Getting full client path of a file on server side is not supported in standard version due to security reasons. However you can upload relative paths along with files, please, read the Uploading Folders topic for details.

If you need to get absolute paths to files server-side, contact our sales team at sales@aurigma.com regarding the question of purchasing private-label version.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
mvelarasu  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 6:45:32 AM(UTC)
mvelarasu

Hi,

I have downloaded the Trail Version(6.1) and we are trying to get the full file path on the uploaded files in the Train version. We did all the config settings [properties set to true mentioned one pane,two panes, and three panes. But we are still receiving the only file name not the full path of the file.

I was reading it is mentioned getting full path is restriced due to security reason. In our requirement , we need to get the folder path of the file , to store the same order of directory structure in our File Server. For eg, if the folder structure is like "FolderA\FolderB\FileA", we want to get that folder path like ""FolderA\FolderB\FileA" for that file "FileA", is there any option we can try in Trail version to confirm it suits our requirmenet to purchase this product.

Thanks
Vel
Dmitry  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 4:45:53 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Vel,

There are two options to implement the required functionality.

1. Use a way described in the Uploading Folders topic. Strictly speaking you need to enable ShowSubfolders and AllowFolderUpload features and drop folders into upload list, not files. In this case you get filenames accompanied with relative path for every uploaded file. In the example you provided in your post you need to drop FolderA into upload pane, and you get "FolderA\FolderB\FileA" as a value in the FileName_i POST field.

2. If dropping folders into upload pane is not option for you, you need to purchase private-label version (Image Uploader signed with your own certificate) with customization allowing to upload full client paths to files. Unfortunately there is no trial version with this functionality, but if you are intereted in getting this version, please, contact our sales team at sales@aurigma.com. They will do their best to assist you with the required functionality.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!