Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aarongibsos  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:14:10 AM(UTC)
aarongibsos

Groups: Member

I am running image uploader 5.7.24.0 with activeXControlEnabled = false because the activeX version would not support my php session cookies correctly. I am testing the uploader on two machines: a pc running windows XP with java build 1.6.0_01 and a mac running osx 10.5.6 and J2SE 5.0.

image uploader is running fine on both of my machines but I have now been tasked with testing my application to see what happens if an end user cancels the plugin installation process on the client side before it loads. This means that I need to completely remove all traces of the plugin from all browsers on both machines so that I can have a fresh start for this testing.

I have been trying to follow the steps outlined here: http://www.aurigma.com/S...deronClientSide.htm.aspx for manually updating the files. On my PC I was able to remove the activeX control which I had installed previously, but so far I have been unable to remove the java version. The directions on that page don't apply because in my control panel I don't have a Java Plug-in option, just Java, so I'm not sure how I would remove the plugin there. On my Mac I don't have a plugin settings item in Applications -> Utilities -> Java as described in the docs, but I was able to access Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java Preferences.app which allowed me to clear my cache, but when I restart my browser the image uploader is always there anyway.

I have also searched both machine's hard drives extensively to try and discover where the applet would be cached but I can't find it.

My question is: how can I simulate a new end user coming to my site for the first time and encountering the Aurigma installation prompt from their browser? If removing the applet from both machines would accomplish this, is there another way I can remove it? If there is another step I need to take in order to make my browsers think they have never downloaded the applet before, what would it be? Please advise.

thanks!

Tamila  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:51:51 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

Quote:
how can I simulate a new end user coming to my site for the first time and encountering the Aurigma installation prompt from their browser? If removing the applet from both machines would accomplish this, is there another way I can remove it? If there is another step I need to take in order to make my browsers think they have never downloaded the applet before, what would it be?

I recommend you to do the following steps:

For PC machine:

1. Open Java Control Panel: Start -> Control Panel -> Java.

2. On General tab click on Settings... button.

3. In Temporary Files Settings window click on Delete Files... button, select all and click OK.

4. Uncheck Keep temporary files on my computer checkbox and click OK button.

5. Select Security tab, click Certificates button and remove Aurigma certificate.

6. In Java Control Panel window click OK button.

For Mac machine:

1. Open Java Preferences application: Finder -> Applications -> Utilities -> Java -> Java Preferences.

2. Select Security tab. Click on Delete Files... button, select all and click OK.

3. Uncheck Keep temporary files for fast access checkbox.

4. Quit Java Preferences.

Now everything should work as you need.

Edited by user Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:43:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

aarongibsos  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 2:41:01 AM(UTC)
aarongibsos

nice! I had already deleted all temporary files and unchecked that box in both locations, but the Certificate deletion was the step I was missing. It turns out that on the Mac in the Security tab of Java Preferences, if you click on Open Keychain Access... you can delete the certificate for the Mac as well. Thank you for the tip!

On a related note: what is the recommended procedure if an end user visits my site and sees the prompt to trust Aurigma, and they click "Don't Trust"? When that happens the applet area shows a little red X in the corner and the status bar usually says something like "Java applet failed to load...". When you restart the browser this prompt shows up again (because of the new session I guess). I'm wondering if there a way to force the trust prompt again in the same session?

Edited by user Friday, June 5, 2009 2:46:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tamila  
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:59:47 PM(UTC)
Tamila

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
what is the recommended procedure if an end user visits my site and sees the prompt to trust Aurigma, and they click "Don't Trust"?

Unfortunately, you cannot handle situation when your end user click "Don't Trust" button.

Quote:
I'm wondering if there a way to force the trust prompt again in the same session?

Unfortunately, you cannot force this process. But your customers can check "Always turst" checkbox only.

Aurigma Support Team

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!