Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shirai  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2004 2:48:00 PM(UTC)
shirai

Groups:

For an application I am building, there is never an opportunity to upload more than one image at a time.

The problem is that ImageUploader is designed for multiple image uploads and this makes things confusing. For example:

1. I click on an image and change my mind so I click on another image. It tells me I can choose only one image. It should simply change the selection to the other image and not give me an error.

2. The "Select All" and "Deselect All" buttons are confusing when only one image can be selected.

I know the MaxFileNumber option was sort of added in as a hidden feature but I was hoping this might be something you addressed in the upcoming version 2?

Thanks a bunch.

Sunny
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2004 4:30:00 PM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
> 1. I click on an image and change my mind so I click on another image. It tells me I can choose only one image. It should simply change the selection to the other image and not give me an error.

Well... This behaviour is natural when only single image is allowed, but when multiple images are allowed, it may be confusing. So we can add a property which switch the behaviour. Or maybe even enables/disables multiple selection.

Thank you for idea, we will discuss it and maybe include this feature into 2.0 release.

> 2. The "Select All" and "Deselect All" buttons are confusing when only one image can be selected.

You can hide buttons and add single "Send" button into HTML...

> I know the MaxFileNumber option was sort of added in as a hidden feature but I was hoping this might be something you addressed in the upcoming version 2?

Yes, all hidden features (including this one) will be documented in the new version.