Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Active-X.COM  
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 3:42:02 AM(UTC)
Active-X.COM

Groups: Member

Hi,

My computer just got some Windows update and I *think* there was a killbits update. I suddenly got a "your browser is not supported" error when trying to upload using ImageUploader. I verified that 4.7.16.0 was installed and that all proper cab files and the .js file was the correct version, so I know on the server side that everything is installed correctly (I wanted to make sure that it wasn't the killbits problem).

For some reason, ImageUploader suddenly stopped working on my Windows XP running IE 6. I did not install the SP3 for XP. My question is: What would cause this configuration to stop working? i.e. What is the criteria for the "your browser is not supported" error to show up? What are things I can look for in IE or Windows to prevent this error?

I have verified other IE6 installations on other machines (and other operating systems) to work just fine. It is just my machine.

Thank you,

David

Active-X.COM

Edited by user Sunday, February 22, 2009 6:21:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Download Free ActiveX Controls

Acitve-X.COM

http://www.active-x.com

Largest selection of free, downloadable ActiveX, ASP, and other Components

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 22, 2009 1:01:07 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hello David,

Quote:
My computer just got some Windows update and I *think* there was a killbits update. I suddenly got a "your browser is not supported" error when trying to upload using ImageUploader. I verified that 4.7.16.0 was installed and that all proper cab files and the .js file was the correct version, so I know on the server side that everything is installed correctly (I wanted to make sure that it wasn't the killbits problem).

I think that the reason of problem is not in killbit update. This message is displayed by iuembed.js script in the following cases:

1. Neither ActiveX nor Java applet is supported (iu.activeXControlEnabled=false; iu.javaAppletEnabled = false;). I think it is not your case.

2. You use alternative (non-IE) browser but Java applet is not supported (iu.activeXControlEnabled=true; iu.javaAppletEnabled = false;)

Quote:
For some reason, ImageUploader suddenly stopped working on my Windows XP running IE 6. I did not install the SP3 for XP. My question is: What would cause this configuration to stop working? i.e. What is the criteria for the "your browser is not supported" error to show up? What are things I can look for in IE or Windows to prevent this error?

I have verified other IE6 installations on other machines (and other operating systems) to work just fine. It is just my machine.

It is possible that iuembed.js detects IE 6 as not Internet Explorer browser. In order to check it, could you send us your browser user agent string? You can use this site to check your user agent string:

http://www.useragentstring.com/

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

Active-X.COM  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 2:56:33 AM(UTC)
Active-X.COM

Here is my user agent string (from useragentstring.com) - I am indeed using Internet Explorer 6 and have not installed version 7:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; GTB5; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.40607; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)

and the code on the server:

var iu = new ImageUploaderWriter("ImageUploader1", 800, 450);

iu.activeXControlEnabled = true;

iu.javaAppletEnabled = false;

iu.activeXControlCodeBase = "ImageUploader4.cab";

iu.activeXControlVersion = "4,7,16,0";

iu.javaAppletCodeBase="./";

iu.javaAppletCached = true;

iu.javaAppletVersion = "2.7.16.0";

Note that the code on the server did not change. I simply got a Windows XP update and then it stopped working. I then applied the 4.7.16.0 version, just to be sure it wasn't the killbits problem, which I didn't think it was.

Hopefully you can identify the problem from my user agent string.

Thanks!

David

Acitve-X.COM

Active-X.COM  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:10:54 AM(UTC)
Active-X.COM

Hmmm... I am noticing other errors/problems in my IE browser as I use the Internet. I am now thinking that my SP3 installation did not complete successfully in my last Windows update. Every time I try to install SP3, I get an error which makes me think I have an invalid or incomplete update of IE6. I can't even view Help-->About because it gives me an error.

Sorry if you are struggling to figure this out, but I now suspect it is my IE installation. Of course, if it is something fixable, I'd be glad to try it.

Acitve-X.COM