Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jgibbs  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 9:02:28 PM(UTC)
jgibbs

Groups: Member

Now that the new 5.7 is out, I see that it keeps the DPI of the original image for the generated thumbnails. But how do I keep that from happening? How do I make the thumbnails stay 72 dpi. That's the point of a thumbnail...smaller image width/height and lower dpi.

So if I have an original image with 300 dpi how do I set my thumbnails to all be 72 dpi?

jgibbs  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 1, 2008 10:49:01 PM(UTC)
jgibbs

Does anyone have an answer for this? How do I keep the 72 dpi on generated thumbnails...it's really unacceptable to have thumb of 100 x 100 at 300 dpi! That makes no sense. If the default is to keep the DPI of the original then there should be a way to change the default DPI.

Please help!

Dmitry  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 2, 2008 3:16:35 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

We unified this behaviour with Image Uploader ActiveX which works this way since version 2. We will add property allowing to specify custom resolution in one of the next versions. If the current behaviour is unacceptable for you, please, install version 5.5.6 back.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 2, 2008 3:17:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!

jgibbs  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 7, 2008 9:06:49 PM(UTC)
jgibbs

Thanks. Please try to make it the next update if possible. Unfortunately, I can't roll back since the new version actually fixed some issues that 5.5.6 was having so I'm happy about those issues being taken care of. Thanks and looking forward to an update to specify the image resolution of the thumbs.