Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bloire  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 28, 2008 3:11:32 PM(UTC)
bloire

Groups: Member

Why max speed upload is very bad with java VS good with activeX ?

I tested under windows XP and Debian with 5.5 image uploader and the problem is the same.

Because with java uploader conccurent solution, I have not this bad limitation speed with java when I upload big file with very good connexion to internet.

And why upload Java is verry verry slow when I configure SilentMode=true and addEventListener Progress to display my progressbar with HTML ?

Why did you not added parameter interval time for EventListener Progress between call function progress ?
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 30, 2008 4:58:40 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Actually Image Uploader Java and Image Uploader ActiveX are two different products based on different technologies. If you disable standard progress dialog and use a custom one, the bottle neck is LiveConnect. It is mechanism used to perform calls between Java and JavaScript. It works rather slow and that is why you experience these issues.

We are working on Image Uploader performance and we have done much since version 5.0. Your suggestion makes sense, we have it in our todo list. The interval between progress events will be increased in the next version.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!