Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jwm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 1:49:07 PM(UTC)
jwm

Groups: Member

I have a site that has lot of member uploaded images. Each member level on the site has the ability to add more images based on level and larger (in dimension and filesize) images based on level. Setting a global compression is a bit of a sledge hammer approach. I can of course scale the compression based on member level and currently do that but its also a bit of a sledge hammer approach.

The issue is if a member adds a 500k image and the compression is 98 thats ok. But if the member uploads a 12meg image and the compression is set to 98 then the result is still a very very very large file and has to be caught for post processing (which kinda defeats the purpose of sizing client side)

So the wish list feature request I have is to be able to set some threshold values in byte size to increase or decrease the compression.

Something like the below would be fantastic, because each of those values could also be dynamically set where the first value is the Operator, the second byte size, and the third is quality:

iu.addParam("UploadScaledJpegQuality", "LT:500000:100, GT:500000:90, GT:1000000:80, GT:12000000:50");

Thanks,

Stuart.

Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 12, 2008 5:50:46 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Thank you, Stuart. Your suggestion is reasonable. We will include it in one of the next versions. Meanwhile you can change Jpeg quality dynamically in accordance with size of the image selected for upload.
Sincerely yours,

Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!