Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
erchan  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:38:22 PM(UTC)
erchan

Groups: Member

Hey folks,

I'm trying to integerate Aurigma's Java applet as our sites image uploader.
Because we are using Seam rather than JSP technology, I couldn't find an example in how to get it up and running for our application server.

Using seam, I trigger a action method whenever someone goes to the photoUpload.seam page. In that method, I process the HTTP post request from Aurigma. This is similar to JSP's methodology.

Here's what I have done thus far.

1. use DiskFileItemFactory and ServletFileUpload to create the FileUpload object to parse the HttpServletRequest
2. use facesContext.getExternalContext().getRequest() to get the HttpServletRequest
- The request I get back is of type MultipartRequest, and from what I can see, it looks legit
3. parse the request by calling fileUpload.parseRequest(request)

The problem that I'm seeing is when I call the parseRequest method, I get a "MalformedStreamException" in MultipartStream.java, causing the parsing to stop and return back a empty FileItemsList.
I put breakpoints into the apache-common-fileupload.1.2.1.jar libarary to debug this problem.

It seems the strategy I use is similar to the JSP strategy in the demo code supplied by Aurigma, but not use why it is not working. Someone in a forum mentioned that the application server may have parse through the request already, and reparsing the request will return back empty list. If so, how do I go around solving this problem?

thanks in advance.