Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ddover  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 7:53:21 AM(UTC)
ddover

Groups: Member

I have an application where the user has to select the images to upload from a directory that can potentially contain over 1000 images. The user first goes to a page where they input a stock number. Submitting this form sends them to the page with the upload control. There, they will select between 5 and 15 images for upload. Once the upload is complete, they go back to the previous page and begin again with a different stock number.

I have two issues. First, every time the page with the upload control loads, it takes a significant amount of time to generate all of the thumbnails... is there a way that they can be cached, or can the number of files displayed be limited in some way to speed up this process? Second, I have enabled the option that deletes the images from the local directory after they have been uploaded. I have users reporting that this part of the process can take up to 3-4 minutes to delete approx 7 images. Any ideas on what might be going on with this?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug
Dmitry  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 1:34:15 AM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Doug,

Could you tell me the exact version and type (ActiveX or Java) of Image Uploader you use on your site. Which browser is used by people who experience the problem?
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
ddover  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 8:31:17 AM(UTC)
ddover

Groups: Member

Hi Dmitry.

I am using version 5.5 of the AxtiveX control.

Thanks,

Doug
Dmitry  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 20, 2008 9:47:59 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello Doug,

I did check Image Uploader 5.5.6 ActiveX. It takes about 25 seconds to initialize IE with Image Uploader control and load the file list for the folder with 1600 images on my Vista workstation. I realize that it is pritty much. We need to do some profiling and find the ways to increase speed.

Deleting images after upload - yes, it works very slow, about 1-2 minutes for the same 1600 images folder. I posted the bug into our bugtracker. We will check it.

Thanks for your post. We will do our best to fix this problem in one of the next releases.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!