Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gosa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:33:33 AM(UTC)
gosa

Groups: Member

Hi,
We are using registered version of Image Uploader (licence for NSN ASA, licence key: 72050-20000-B5979-D9272-F1F86)

I'm using ExtJs library for my project, and I wanted to embed Image Uplader in existing interface.
My goal is to use only Image Uploader upload pane and wrap it in my own design (add file and send buttons). For this I need ImageUploader Class api interface, and that is where my problem begins.

My application is full ajax/js and Image Uploader is inserted through JS, and everything works fine first time upload pane is shown, but when I change view (through JS) to something that doesn't include upload pane and then go back to view that should render upload pane again, then everything breaks.
Upload pane is visible and rendered but not even one Api function is defined anymore!

It get this behavior in IE, in FF everything works fine.

P.S. We are using Java applet not ActiveX because ActiveX doesn't even render like it should (only blue background is displayed)

Our system is currently in a production and fast response/solution would be more then welcome.
Fedor  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:27:02 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
It is known limitation of ActiveX controls/Java applets. You can not place them on page and then hide/show without loosing their state.

It seems it was implemented due security reason. So when you place Java applet on <div> element for which then you set display:none, Java Runtime Environment just unloads/stops applet. When you show <div> again, then JRE loads applet again.

Quote:
P.S. We are using Java applet not ActiveX because ActiveX doesn't even render like it should (only blue background is displayed)

Could you show me the URL of your page to check it?

Edited by user Thursday, September 4, 2008 7:28:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
gosa  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:04:01 PM(UTC)
gosa

It is not a state that I'm concerned about, I can swallow resetting of a upload list, but problem is that after show I cant use any of Image Uploader API functions like AddField ar getUploadFileCount...

I created some test pages, for ActiveX and Java applet, so you can check it out.

ActiveX version

and Java version

Open this pages in IE, click on Add Files it work, then click on a top-right (collapse) button, then expand panel on same button and try Add Files again.

You'll see that in a Java applet after collapse-expand Add Files doesn't work and for ActiveX after collapse_expand all you see is blue background.
Fedor  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:29:29 PM(UTC)
Fedor

Hello,

I have checked Java version. It works perfectly for me (FF 3.0.1/Safari for Windows 3.1.2/Google Chrome + Java 6 Update 7).

What browser do you use?

I am checking ActiveX version.

BTW, you have done great work with Image Uploader! :)

Edited by user Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:30:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Fedor  
#5 Posted : Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:38:45 PM(UTC)
Fedor

On ActiveX I confirm the problem, but I don't see the reason yet.
Best regards,
Fedor Skvortsov
Dmitry  
#6 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2008 6:00:48 PM(UTC)
Dmitry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Hello,

Fedor is right. I checked your script more precisely, you have div element named x-panel-bwrap containing Image Uploader. You hide this element using CSS - display:none. Unfortunately it is not supported by Image Uploader and leads to unpredictable behaviour. We have plans to try to find a workaround for this issue in the future.
Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Sevostyanov

UserPostedImage Follow Aurigma on Twitter!
gosa  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 9, 2008 3:38:01 PM(UTC)
gosa

Hi to all and thanks for your help.

For now I solved my problem by disallowing collapsing for Image Uploader, but that is just workaround, problem is still present, can't wait for future fix regarding this issue ;).