Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sancad63  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 2:33:28 PM(UTC)
sancad63

Groups:

Hello, I recently upgraded and noticed that in samples provided, there are no .cab or .jar files included. I would like to run my site using the javascript version only so all users, including IE users, are running the same version?

When I added the ASP.net control, I was able to run uploader within IE but without adding any reference to the .cab file however, when I tried it in Firefox, I got a ClassNotFoundException.

I happened to find an issue in the forum where I was able to download a .jar file and found out how to add the JavaControl and point the CustomCodeBase to the .jar file. this allowed me to run the uploader in Firefox. I also noticed I can load the CustomCodeBase for the .cab file (however, I am unsure where to get the .cab file). What is the difference between using the CustomCodeBase script pointing to the .cab file and using the ASP.Net Uploader Control? If I want to just use the javascript version, how can I do that?

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:47:18 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups:

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello Sandra,

Quote:
I recently upgraded and noticed that in samples provided, there are no .cab or .jar files included. I would like to run my site using the javascript version only so all users, including IE users, are running the same version?

According to our records, you downloaded Image Uploader 7.0.28 last time. After installation ImageUploader7.exe, you have got C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Image Uploader 7.0.28\ directory, which includes:

1. Scripts/ folder. It contains Image Uploader client scripts (aurigma.imageuploader.js), scripts for installation progress and for localizations, also ImageUploader7.jar, ImageUplaoder7.cab, and ImageUlploader7_64.cab files. To embed Image Uploader on your web page via JavaScript, you should configure javaControl, and activeXControl classes, and also any other necessary parameters:

Code:

<script src="../Scripts/aurigma.uploader.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var uploader = $au.uploader({
        id: 'Uploader1',
        width: '100%',
        height: '500px',
        licenseKey: 'XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX',
        activeXControl: {
          codeBase: '../Scripts/ImageUploader7.cab',
          codeBase64: '../Scripts/ImageUploader7_x64.cab'
        },
        javaControl: {
          codeBase: '../Scripts/ImageUploader7.jar'
        },
        uploadSettings: {
          actionUrl: 'upload.aspx',
        },
    //… other parameters …
    });
    uploader.writeHtml();
    </script>

You also should implement server-side script to handle the uploading process and save uploaded files to HDD.

***Comment: if you have questions how to do it, please feel free to post them here.

2. ASP.NET/ folder. It contains complete sample application based on the server-side control (Aurigma.ImageUploader.dll). In case using standard version (not private-label) it does not require setting JAR and CAB files through CodeBase properties. It should get them from special url for WebResource.axd generated by control.

***Comment: we have got several complaints from our clients that they get “ClassNotFoundException” error using ASP.NET control. It can be caused for some unknown reason. The most frequent one is using other controls on the page, which can prevent downloading JAR file from WebResource.axd. As workaround, client should set UseCustomCodeBase to true value, and specify url to JAR file through CustomCodeBase property.

3. PHP/ folder. Here you can find samples illustrating how to embed Image Uploader using JavaScript on PHP page, and using PHP Library. Using PHP Lib you dont not need to set urls to JAR and CAB (like in ASP.NET control).

If you have any additional questions or need to get further clarification please feel free to ask.

P.S. Image Uploader v7.0.37 is available to download from our site.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.