Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Dmitry.Obukhov  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:01:53 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Hello,

I am sorry for the delayed answer.

1. Quote:
    when the saved contents are retrieved, the thumbnail for image layer is not showing, the thumbnail url seem is using temporary url for it, any workaround for this?

I tried to replicate this problem. However, I did not get the same result.

I took Gift Editor application, add necessary code from this topic to save prepared gift samples. After clicking the button to save result, I got it, but I did not find problems with thumbnail showing. Could you please provide me with a link to your site where you face it? If it not possible, please share your sample application with me so that I can reproduce the problem locally.

2. Quote:
    By the way, when I was working on the save and retrieve contents function, problem occur when background image is added into the background image layer. The error I received is:

<…>

It works well in IE, but this error occur when I run the project in FireFox.

Hm, I did not get this problem too. The result of gift was saved successfully, without any errors.

3. Quote:
    Can we draw a line or a box on the workplace canvas? If can, how to achieve this?

Unfortunately, current version of Gift Editor does not allow drawing lines or some other geometric primitives. I added this wish to TODO list.

4. Quote:
    And, I have changed the input textbox to textarea for multiline text, is it possible to set the text alignment for the multiline text (like left, center, right and justify)?

Unfortunately, Gift Editor does not support this.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

Technical Support. Aurigma, Inc.

xavyr  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:48:34 PM(UTC)
xavyr

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

For issue 1,

here is the link for the testing environment: http://ttprint.webteq.as...sr/PhotoLabelSample.aspx

For your information, we will save the result as an image file by clicking the Save as image button; the background image and layers can be saved into a textfile (future will be saved into database) when Save button is clicked; when Load button is clicked, the background image together with the layers are loaded into workplace from the textfile (future will be retrieved from database as well), for edit purpose.

Currently, the textfile is containing the background image and the layers data, kindly press Load button to view the saved data. Then you should be able to notice the thumbnail for image layer in multi layer control become not available.

If I am not mistaken, the image is stored under GraphicsMillAjaxCache folder, and will be removed after specified period, is this so? Any workaround for this?

For issue 4,

I have added this into Sample.js -> Sample._textProperties to try to set the text alignment for text input:

{ name: "alignment", controlId: "alignmentSelect", type: "select" },

The values for select field are Left, Center and Right. I assume this will set the alignment property to the value selected. But, I can't see any effect applied after select a value to it. Are the values using in the correct format? Or, what will the alignment property do to the text?

Thank you for any guide given.

Best Regards,

xavyr

Edited by user Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:49:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

alextkc  
#23 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 2:00:27 AM(UTC)
alextkc

Hi,

Regarding issue 3:

Xavyr: Can we draw a line or a box on the workplace canvas? If can, how to achieve this?

Aurigma: Unfortunately, current version of Gift Editor does not allow drawing lines or some other geometric primitives. I added this wish to TODO list.

I remember Andrew told me that draw a line or box can be done. Is it possible to double confirm bcos this feature is important to us.

Thx.

Alex

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#24 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 2:20:13 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the delay.

1. Quote:
    For your information, we will save the result as an image file by clicking the Save as image button; the background image and layers can be saved into a textfile (future will be saved into database) when Save button is clicked; when Load button is clicked, the background image together with the layers are loaded into workplace from the textfile (future will be retrieved from database as well), for edit purpose.

Currently, the textfile is containing the background image and the layers data, kindly press Load button to view the saved data. Then you should be able to notice the thumbnail for image layer in multi layer control become not available.

Please use Serialize() method to save canvas with all layers, and Deserialize() one to restore canvas.

2. Quote:
    Can we draw a line or a box on the workplace canvas? If can, how to achieve this?

Unfortunately, the current version of Gift Editor Sample does not have this functionality. We are planning to add it in the future release.

3. As for multiline text. Gift Editor does not support this feature.

Edited by moderator Monday, June 17, 2013 9:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

alextkc  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 3:04:50 AM(UTC)
alextkc

Hi,

Question for gift editor.

We have a module that allows administrator to create layers at backend and save into database. (working fine).

At the userview, we will retrieve the layers accordingly and allows member to continue editing if they want. (working fine).

However, sometimes the images added at backend "lost" when member access from frontend.

We guess that it might be caused by the cache issue. Am I right?

Is there anyway for us to control the lifespan of the cache, and is there anyway that we can save the uploaded images into a permanent folder, rather than cache?

Thx.

Alex

alextkc  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:11:29 AM(UTC)
alextkc

alextkc wrote:
Hi,

Question for gift editor.

We have a module that allows administrator to create layers at backend and save into database. (working fine).

At the userview, we will retrieve the layers accordingly and allows member to continue editing if they want. (working fine).

However, sometimes the images added at backend "lost" when member access from frontend.

We guess that it might be caused by the cache issue. Am I right?

Is there anyway for us to control the lifespan of the cache, and is there anyway that we can save the uploaded images into a permanent folder, rather than cache?

Thx.

Alex

Hi,

Any update on this? Thx.

Alex

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#27 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:54:06 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Alex,

Sorry for the delay with reply.

You should set PrivateCacheMaxLifeTime and PublicCacheMaxLifeTime keys to preferable value (in seconds) in the web.config file of Gift Editor sample.

Please read Image Cache Management (AJAX Controls) article to get detailed information on it.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

xavyr  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2011 6:08:22 PM(UTC)
xavyr

Hi,

Is it possible to set the cache max life time to infinity? As the layers and background in editor can be saved for editing again anytime, hence we won't know how long will user keep.

Thank you.

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#29 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 1:28:41 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Alex,

Unfortunately, we did not test it with infinity value. Thus, I am not able to answer your question exactly.

You can use Serialize method to save layers of canvas, and then retrieve this data back. In this case, you do not need to use cache.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

xavyr  
#30 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 2:03:10 AM(UTC)
xavyr

Hi,

Yeah, we have used serialize method to save the layers, but when retrieve this data, the thumbnails for multilayer control (especially image layer which using image uploaded as thumbnail, while text layer thumbnail is using static image) are "lost" after certain period.

The thumbnails in multilayer control are stored in cache, right?

Thank you.

alextkc  
#31 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2011 7:45:13 AM(UTC)
alextkc

Hi,

This is our current status:

we have a canvas for picture editing, and a list of layers (similar to gift editor).

We save our canvas and layers into db. When retrieving, everything looks ok.

However, those thumbnails in the list of layers are missing.

After the previous advice, we lengthen the cachemaxlifeime and it is working accordingly.

So, the thumbnail are missing bcos the cache is timeout.

Now, this is the actual issue that we have.

We need to keep the thumbnails (in the list of layers) working until the layer is manually deleted.

We are thinking that there might be a way to set the cachmaxlifetime to infinity, or never expired. What shd we do to achieve this?

Pls advise.

Thx.

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#32 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 3:20:01 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your explanation.

Unfortunately, it not possible to set PrivateCacheMaxLifeTime and PublicCacheMaxLifeTime keys to infinity value.

This variables are int. You can set 2147483648 value only. Since, it is specified in seconds, we get about 68 years. I assume it is great :)

Please note that all users’ files will be saved in cache that will be able to require much free space on your server.

Edited by user Monday, April 25, 2011 3:20:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

honeylet  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:03:30 AM(UTC)
honeylet

Hello,

Can the image color be changed just like the text color?

Thanks,

Honeylet

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:55:51 PM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Honeylet,

Please read Color Conversion and Correcting Colors sections of the Graphics Mill documentation.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

xavyr  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 3:41:24 AM(UTC)
xavyr

Hello,

Can the work area layers be saved without background image layer?

Thanks.

Regards,

xavyr

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 1:03:17 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to save work area without background.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

alextkc  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 4:12:17 AM(UTC)
alextkc

Hi,

1. Is there anyway that we can change the background without sacrificing those created layers? We need to allow the user to change the background, while editing the layers. At the moment, we cant think of any clue to fulfill this. Pls advise.

2. For the text layer insertion, instead of RGB input, can we have a CMYK input?

thx.

Alex

xavyr  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 12:43:06 AM(UTC)
xavyr

Hello,

I have found out a way to change the background image, but not sure whether is this the proper way to achieve.

Here is the workaround:

after upload the image file, following scripts are run:

photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Enable = photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.TrackingEnabled = false;

photoLabel.BackgroundImage = file;

//clear canvas history

photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Clear();

photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Enable = photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.TrackingEnabled = true;

Is this the way to change background image in the editor?

However, another issue faced, which is the existing region area might become smaller or larger than the new background image if new background image is different from old background image in sense of dimensions and resolution.

Hence, is there any workaround to replace the existing region with new defined one, but images / text added before still remains?

And, I am a bit confused regarding the layers, currently in my case, there are 3 layers (photoLayer, regionLayer and main (custom NamedRectangleRegion)), when images/text vector object are added, which layer they are adding to? Could you guide me with this? I think this might be a clue to change the region when background is changed.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

xavyr

Dmitry.Obukhov  
#39 Posted : Friday, May 20, 2011 12:20:48 AM(UTC)
Dmitry.Obukhov

Hello Alex,

Quote:
1. Is there anyway that we can change the background without sacrificing those created layers? We need to allow the user to change the background, while editing the layers. At the moment, we cant think of any clue to fulfill this. Pls advise.

In some time of thinking, we found a way which allows to change background with keeping objects :) Please replace RemoveAllRegions method with this one in the \GiftEditor\PhotoLabelControl.ascx.cs file:

Code:

public void RemoveAllRegions(Dictionary<string, List<VObject>> vObjects)
	{
		for (int i = _canvasViewer.Canvas.Layers.Count - 1; i >= 0; i--)
		{
			Layer l = _canvasViewer.Canvas.Layers[i];
			if (l != _photoLayer && l != _regionLayer && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(l.Name))
			{
				List<VObject> layerVObjects = new List<VObject>();
				foreach (VObject vo in l.VObjects)
				{
					layerVObjects.Add(vo);
				}
				vObjects.Add(l.Name, layerVObjects);

_canvasViewer.Canvas.Layers.RemoveAt(i);
			}
		}
		_regionLayer.VObjects.Clear();
	}

And change templateRepeater_ItemCommand method in the \GiftEditor\PhotoLabelSample.aspx.cs:

Code:

protected void templateRepeater_ItemCommand(object source, RepeaterCommandEventArgs e)
	{
		ClearTemplateSelection();

//change style of selected item
		HtmlControl li = (HtmlControl)e.Item.FindControl("listItem");
		if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(li.Attributes["class"]))
			li.Attributes["class"] = "selectedTemplate";
		else
			li.Attributes["class"] += " selectedTemplate";

//get image file and regions
		string file = null;
		List<NamedRectangleRegion> regions = new List<NamedRectangleRegion>();

System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numberInfo = new System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo();
		numberInfo.NumberDecimalSeparator = ".";

string templatesListFile = Path.Combine(_templateFolder, "Templates.xml");
		if (File.Exists(templatesListFile))
		{
			using (FileStream fs = new FileStream(templatesListFile, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read))
			{
				System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument doc = new System.Xml.XPath.XPathDocument(fs);
				foreach (XPathNavigator nav in
					doc.CreateNavigator().Select("/Templates/TemplateItem"))
				{
					string fileName = Path.IsPathRooted(nav.GetAttribute("FileName", nav.NamespaceURI)) ? nav.Value : Path.Combine(_templateFolder, nav.GetAttribute("FileName", nav.NamespaceURI));
					if (fileName.GetHashCode().ToString() == e.CommandArgument.ToString())
					{
						file = fileName;
						foreach (XPathNavigator regionNavigator in nav.Select("Regions/Region"))
						{
							string name = regionNavigator.GetAttribute("Name", regionNavigator.NamespaceURI);
							float left = float.Parse(
								regionNavigator.GetAttribute("Left", regionNavigator.NamespaceURI), numberInfo);
							float top = float.Parse(
								regionNavigator.GetAttribute("Top", regionNavigator.NamespaceURI), numberInfo);
							float width = float.Parse(
								regionNavigator.GetAttribute("Width", regionNavigator.NamespaceURI), numberInfo);
							float height = float.Parse(
								regionNavigator.GetAttribute("Height", regionNavigator.NamespaceURI), numberInfo);

regions.Add(new NamedRectangleRegion(name,
								new System.Drawing.RectangleF(left, top, width, height)));
						}
						break;
					}
				}
			}
		}

if (!string.IsNullOrEmpty(file) && File.Exists(file))
		{
			photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Enable = photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.TrackingEnabled = false;

photoLabel.BackgroundImage = file;

Dictionary<string, List<VObject>> currentObjects = new Dictionary<string, List<VObject>>();

//remove previous regions
			photoLabel.RemoveAllRegions(currentObjects);

//add new regions
			photoLabel.AddRegions(regions);
			//select last region
			photoLabel.CurrentRegion = regions[regions.Count - 1];

// Restore objects
			foreach (Layer layer in photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.Layers)
			{
				if (currentObjects.ContainsKey(layer.Name))
				{
					// Add object to this layer
					foreach (VObject vo in currentObjects[layer.Name])
					{
						if (vo.Layer != null)
						{
							vo.Layer.VObjects.Remove(vo);
						}
						layer.VObjects.Add(vo);
					}
				}
			}

//clear canvas history
			photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Clear();
			photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.Enable = photoLabel.CanvasViewer.Canvas.History.TrackingEnabled = true;
		}
	}

Quote:
For the text layer insertion, instead of RGB input, can we have a CMYK input?

The color of textVobject is RGB only. Thus, even if you change input colors to CMYK, you should convert it back to RGB when add text to canvas.

Best regards,

Dmitry Obukhov

xavyr  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 4:40:38 AM(UTC)
xavyr

Hello,

We have an issue here, where we have added more font name to the editor. It works fine in our development stage, but when uploaded to staging for client testing, few of the font name are applied, but most can't.

I am not sure whether the system type will affect this, our development system type is 32 bit, whereas staging system type is 64 bit. Would this be one of the reason for the issue?

Thank you.