Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
xpda  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 13, 2015 6:28:55 PM(UTC)
xpda

Groups: Member

When I use the x64 version with vb.net 2013, I get the following messages. What am I doing wrong?

I have just installed Graphics Mill on a Windows 7-64 machine. I am using these references:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 7 SDK\.Net 4.0\Binaries_x64\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Aurigma\Graphics Mill 7 SDK\.Net 4.0\Binaries_x64\Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.dll

I'm using this code:

Dim bmp As New Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap()

bmp = New Aurigma.GraphicsMill.Bitmap("c:\tmp\P1170785a.jpg")

pBox1.Image = bmp

I get these messages:

Target Machine x64

Error: Could not run the "GenerateResource" task because MSBuild could not create or connect to a task host with runtime "CLR4" and architecture "x64". Please ensure that (1) the requested runtime and/or architecture are available on the machine, and (2) that the required executable "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\amd64\MSBuild.exe" exists and can be run.

Error: The "GenerateResource" task's outputs could not be retrieved from the "FilesWritten" parameter. Object does not match target type.

Error: Unable to open file 'c:\vb\WindowsApplication13\WindowsApplication13\obj\Debug\gmtest.frmMain.resources': The system cannot find the file specified.

Error: Unable to open file 'c:\vb\WindowsApplication13\WindowsApplication13\obj\Debug\gmtest.Resources.resources': The system cannot find the file specified.

Target Machine AnyCPU (The application executes in this configuration):

Warning: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "MSIL" and the processor architecture of the reference "Aurigma.GraphicsMill", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.

Target Machine x86: (The application crashes in this configuration, BadImageFormatException):

Warning: Possible problem detected while building assembly 'gmtest': Referenced assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.dll' targets a different processor

Warning: Possible problem detected while building assembly 'gmtest': Referenced assembly 'Aurigma.GraphicsMill.WinControls.dll' targets a different processor

Warning: There was a mismatch between the processor architecture of the project being built "x86" and the processor architecture of the reference "Aurigma.GraphicsMill", "AMD64". This mismatch may cause runtime failures. Please consider changing the targeted processor architecture of your project through the Configuration Manager so as to align the processor architectures between your project and references, or take a dependency on references with a processor architecture that matches the targeted processor architecture of your project.

Fedor  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 5:18:01 AM(UTC)
Fedor

Groups: Member, Administration, Moderator

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Hi,

You should use the 64-bit assemblies of Graphics Mill with the following configurations:

• Target Machine x64

• Target Machine AnyCPU, unhecked Prefer 32-bit

I have reproduced the mentioned error only during the initial build. The rebuilding of project solved the problem.

Quote:
Error: The "GenerateResource" task's outputs could not be retrieved from the "FilesWritten" parameter. Object does not match target type.

Do you still have the error?

The issue was discussed on StackOverflow as well:

http://stackoverflow.com...ntermittent-build-errors

Best regards,

Fedor Skvortsov

thanks 1 user thanked Fedor for this useful post.
xpda on 4/15/2015(UTC)
xpda  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:33:41 AM(UTC)
xpda

Groups: Member

Originally Posted by: Fedor Go to Quoted Post
Hi,

Do you still have the error?

I apparently only tried it once in this configuration. As you said, the problem went away on the second build. Thanks!