Welcome Guest! You need to login or register to make posts.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mwisebaker  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 8, 2014 6:47:43 AM(UTC)
mwisebaker

Groups: Member

Hello,

I am working with a vendor that uses the Aurigma 8.0.98 control for file uploads. I am on a pretty tightly constrained environment running IE 8 on 64-bit Windows 7.

Whenever I try to access a page using the uploader, I just get a red x where the control should be. I have tried several different steps to troubleshoot the issue:

1) I have obtained the redistributable file from this site and installed both versions (ran the 32-bit version first).
2) Copied the ocx files to a specific location (both uploader8.ocx and Uploader8_x64.ocx) and used regsvr32 to register with them my browser. I tried different combinations of using varying combinations of 32- and 64-bit versions of cmd.exe
3) I have checked my IE settings and pop-up blocker is disabled. I have also tried to play around with my IE security settings and have it set to low.

I also tried this on my home PC (Windows 7 64-bit) on three different browsers. Here are the results I got -
IE 11: Was prompted to install the ActiveX and worked as expected
Chrome 37: Got a pop-up error saying "Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certificate from running"
FireFox 32: Got a pop-up error saying "Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet-valid certificate from running"

I suspect that the not yet valid security issue may be my problem in IE8 but the browser is swallowing the error.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for things I can try to get this working in my IE8 environment? We do not control the vendor's environment so asking them to upgrade their version of Aurigma may not be feasible.
Andrew  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:16:19 AM(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Member, Administration

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)
It looks like this website uses a version which is older than 8.0.98. The simplest way to discover it is to download the .cab file from this website, unpack it and take a look into the .inf file. It will contain the version of the uploader.
thanks 1 user thanked Andrew for this useful post.
mwisebaker on 9/10/2014(UTC)
mwisebaker  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:22:41 AM(UTC)
mwisebaker

Groups: Member

Hi Andrew, thanks for the follow-up. I did confirm with the vendor that I was told the incorrect version. We were actually on version 8.0.54. I obtained the correct .msi and now it's working as expected. Thanks!